• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

A couple of new Toys

sony6060

Super Member
Banned
Fisher 400 & Fisher X-101C. Both work well so far. Started cleaning up the Fisher 400. I removed the knobs to clean the dial & replace the dial lamps.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_1809.jpg
    IMG_1809.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG_1810.jpg
    IMG_1810.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 31
Register to hide this ad
Those are nice! Where did you find them?:smoke:

A person had these in CT. Here are better pictures. The Fisher 400 just received new tuner & multiplexer tubes plus a fresh alignment. The 400 sounds great. I also have another.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_1818.jpg
    IMG_1818.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_1820.jpg
    IMG_1820.jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_1823.jpg
    IMG_1823.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 13
Fisher 400. Better pix. I think I need a new camera.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_1827.jpg
    IMG_1827.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_1831.jpg
    IMG_1831.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 12
Fisher 400. Better pix. I think I need a new camera.

Nah! Just don't use so much backlight. The internal meter on the camera will measure the amount of backlighting, compensate for that, and make the front of the gear appear darker (it's either upping the F/stop, or upping the shutter speed or both). Try 2 lamps in front of the gear but off to the sides if it's back lit. That'll even the light/dark out some and bring the 400 out of the dark ages without washing out the rest of it. Or cut down on the back lighting and add a little fill light in front.

I use a 10mpxl KODAK 650 digital. About 1/2 the time I use the manual settings, a couple of lights off to the sides, and no flash.

Larry
 
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom