• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

A little help from my friends - What is this??

Mcawber

New Member
Hey guys, can anybody tell me if they recognize this Garrard model? How about the wooden tonearm? Thanks.
 

Attachments

  • garrard_1.jpg
    garrard_1.jpg
    67.7 KB · Views: 67
  • garrard_2.jpg
    garrard_2.jpg
    79.9 KB · Views: 54
  • garrard_3.jpg
    garrard_3.jpg
    77.6 KB · Views: 33
  • garrard_4.jpg
    garrard_4.jpg
    70.4 KB · Views: 41
  • garrard_5.jpg
    garrard_5.jpg
    72.1 KB · Views: 48
Register to hide this ad
Yep, that's it. Thanks guys. This thing is a wreck. I'm missing the center pin, it's filthy dirty, and there's no bottom cover. All the gears and motor etc...are exposed underneath. The one good thing I did find however is that the platter spins quitely and forever with a very slight push. I'm going to try to restore this. I know nothing about it, so any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks
 
Yep, that's it. Thanks guys. This thing is a wreck. I'm missing the center pin, it's filthy dirty, and there's no bottom cover. All the gears and motor etc...are exposed underneath. The one good thing I did find however is that the platter spins quitely and forever with a very slight push. I'm going to try to restore this. I know nothing about it, so any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks

There was no bottom cover on this, at least on the one I had anyways. I seem to recall 2 spindles with this unit, 1 short and 1 changer style. I will have a look around my garage as I may still have the changer one.

EDIT* Sorry, No Luck on spindle.
 
Last edited:
No problem dnpainting....thanks for looking. I'm going to snap some photos of the underneath tomorrow and put them up. I'm not sure if everyything's there. I know this was a changer, but there's no changer arm.
 
When you say "changer arm" do you mean the arm that swings over on the old consoles? These would not have had that. They just had an optional changer spindle that allowed one record to drop at a time.

Regarding the bottom cover, as dnpainting mentioned I think most tables of the era did not have bottom covers. None of my Duals or Miracords do anyway.

Edit: come to think about it, I think I've got a Lab-80 in somewhat unique Altec all-in-one stereo. All the levers in the TT are frozen (grease hardened) to the point that I don't think mine is worth resurrecting. I'll see if I happen to still have the spindles.
 
Last edited:
cubby: Some alcohol, Qtips and time should "unfreeze" the controls. It's worth resurrecting. Relube with White lithium grease.

Larry
 
Back
Top Bottom