• Please note that Audiokarma will be offline briefly for updates early on Monday morning, September 28th.

Air Guns

Wow, I just discovered this thread and I'm an avid air-gunner! I have many rifles and pistols, but my main interest that I concentrate on, are magnum springers... my main rifles I currently am in love with are my Diana 34-.177, Diana 500 Magnum-.22, Diana/Mauser AM03-.177, and my new acquisition of an Air Arms TX200 HC-.22!! An absolute work of art! Going out shortly to punch paper with the Air Arms! New scope rings arriving today for the Mauser... :)
Ooooops! Forgot- Scopes are 2x Vortex Crossfire II's @4-16x44, an awesome Redfield@6-18x50, and a Hawke Panorama @4-12x40

We have an air gun thread!!!!! Wow I had no idea!!!

I’ll have to post some pic, have a small vintage pellet collection as well.
 
We have an air gun thread!!!!! Wow I had no idea!!!

I’ll have to post some pic, have a small vintage pellet collection as well.
Yeah- I forgot all about my post! I have much to say as well! I saved a whole wack of pellet tins (Jeebus knows why?? lol), but none are vintage- do you want them? Before I pitch them... just had a great session out back! I can regularly smoke a nickle-sized bull at 30 yards with my 1988 Diana Model 34... deadly accurate with a Hawke Vantage 4-12x50mm scope... :)
 
Forgot about this thread but it seems timely as I have a serious chipmunk problem. I spent hundreds of dollars to have my front brick walkway rebuilt. The minute it was finished, they started burrowing under it until the bricks actually collapsed! I just spent hundreds more to have it fixed and they're at it again. Not only do they like the supporting sand, they seem to like the surrounding mulch as well. Dumping various chemicals down the burrows has had no effect, cayenne pepper, vinegar, ammonia and just trying to flood them out. Now I'm thinking of quietly sitting in a deck chair with my Webley Tempest and seeing if I can reduce the population one at a time. Just have to stay out of sight of the road so as not to upset the locals.

There are some ultrasonic gadgets, but I don't know if they're mostly a scam. Supposedly the multi-frequency ones work better but I'm having trouble believing the output of a solar cell is near enough to generate much ultrasonic energy. Maybe I need sharks with lasers on their heads.
 
Forgot about this thread but it seems timely as I have a serious chipmunk problem. I spent hundreds of dollars to have my front brick walkway rebuilt. The minute it was finished, they started burrowing under it until the bricks actually collapsed! I just spent hundreds more to have it fixed and they're at it again. Not only do they like the supporting sand, they seem to like the surrounding mulch as well. Dumping various chemicals down the burrows has had no effect, cayenne pepper, vinegar, ammonia and just trying to flood them out. Now I'm thinking of quietly sitting in a deck chair with my Webley Tempest and seeing if I can reduce the population one at a time. Just have to stay out of sight of the road so as not to upset the locals.

There are some ultrasonic gadgets, but I don't know if they're mostly a scam. Supposedly the multi-frequency ones work better but I'm having trouble believing the output of a solar cell is near enough to generate much ultrasonic energy. Maybe I need sharks with lasers on their heads.
It's unfortunate you have to take to killing them, as I love squirrels and chippies... but I certainly understand your issue with them- I'm surrounded by forest and have them visit often- I had 2 squirrels find a way into my place and immediately started setting up shop... I locked one in the bathroom for an hour while I tried to find my live-trap... the little bastard managed to chew a strip off under the door and chewed up the vinyl flooring in the same location, in order to get enough space to escape! And the bastard did it in an hour!!! Chewed up 3 rolls of paper towel for bedding material!! To make a long story short, I found my trap and trapped it 3 times (it kept coming back in!!!!) and after the third time I took it on a 4 km journey and let it go in a school's park... I feel that they get replaced by the next bastard in the pecking order when the previous "King" was removed...
Good luck! :P
 
I forgot to mention my latest acquisition- a Cometa Fusion in .22, with synthetic stock, blued barrel and gas piston... This rifle has a brutal recoil and has destroyed 2 scope mounts in a week, albeit cheaper ones, and I had to buy another mount- I bought a Leapers mount with MUCH larger base mounting screws. In order to get a stop pin functioning in the awfully small stop pin holes in the Fusion, I had to cut off the shank of an appropriately sized drill bit, and epoxy it into the rear most stop pin hole... So far so good! Now as a target rifle, it's capable of drilling a quarter-sized bullseye @ 40 yards! Now if that's if the scope doesn't walk! It's very hold sensitive! Scope is an MTC Viper Pro in 10x44- fixed zoom... Very nice scope, with target turrets and side focus... The action is extremely stiff,
requiring a strong pull to cock and then return the barrel to it's shooting position! At least that means the barrel lockup is superb! The stock is barely OK, with razor sharp plastic in the front area, which I shaved off with a knife...A very accurate rifle if the scope doesn't walk!
 
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom