• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Akai GX-747 Channel Imbalance when monitoring source

Since you did not clearly and directly answer both questions in post 30, I will stop trying to help. Those were both very simple, basic questions that most people could have answered. I am also putting you on my ignore list so I will stop seeing all of your posts.. Below are the two questions I asked you to answer in post 30. Very simple questions! Also trying to fix a tape deck with no test equipment (like scope and test tape) is foolish.

1. If you play any music tape, are both channels the same volume on your speakers and both VU meters read the same?

2. If you connect a CD player to line input and put monitor switch to SOURCE, do both speakers have the same volume and do both VU meters read the same? Do not record.
 
Last edited:
Since you did not clearly and directly answer both questions in post 30, I will stop trying to help. Those were both very simple, basic questions that most people could have answered. I am also putting you on my ignore list so I will stop seeing all of your posts.. Below are the two questions I asked you to answer in post 30. Very simple questions! Also to try to fix a tape deck with no test equipment (scope and test tape) is foolish.

1. If you play any music tape, are both channels the same volume on your speakers and both VU meters read the same?

2. If you connect a CD player to line input and put monitor switch to SOURCE, do both speakers have the same volume and do both VU meters read the same? Do not record.
When playing the tape, the VUs work normally, but the sound comes out lower in one box.
 
Since you did not clearly and directly answer both questions in post 30, I will stop trying to help. Those were both very simple, basic questions that most people could have answered. I am also putting you on my ignore list so I will stop seeing all of your posts.. Below are the two questions I asked you to answer in post 30. Very simple questions! Also trying to fix a tape deck with no test equipment (like scope and test tape) is foolish.

1. If you play any music tape, are both channels the same volume on your speakers and both VU meters read the same?

2. If you connect a CD player to line input and put monitor switch to SOURCE, do both speakers have the same volume and do both VU meters read the same? Do not record.
When playing the tape, the VUs work normally, but the sound comes out lower in one box.
Now I understand, the vu need to work according to the sound coming out of the speakers.
 
I got the 747 working, I used a test tape, one channel is perfect, on the other channel the sound comes out very low and with hiss, any help?
 
When playing the tape, the VUs work normally, but the sound comes out lower in one box.
I got the 747 working, I used a test tape, one channel is perfect, on the other channel the sound comes out very low and with hiss, any help?
 
Does anyone know anything about this white marking on the right pin of this transistor on the Akai-747 tape recorder? See the picture.
 

Attachments

  • Screenshot_2025-06-22-06-27-29-792_com.miui.gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_2025-06-22-06-27-29-792_com.miui.gallery.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 4
Greetings from RojoLand!

That indicates the base pin. It's consistent with the 2SC458 basing diagram in the service manual. (I couldn't find a specific mention of the white box in the manual; that would have been helpful.)

Take care,
—
J. E. Knox "The Victor Freak"
 
I bought some transistors (ksc1845) (ksc945) (ksc945c) from Mouser, they sent the transistors with different first letters, they sent (JJC), is this right?
 
My 747dbx has a very low channel, as the VU works normally, could this problem be on the pre-amplification board?
 
Back
Top Bottom