• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Another Electro Voice Interface D Restoration Thread

OH, I never answered ya about those taps.

Yes, you can run SS on the low end, and a tube amp on the highs. There was some type of funky plug that was meant to be inserted to bypass the internal crossover, I believe, but those are rare as hen's teeth.

Probably are (hens teeth)

Here's a picture of what they look like. I don't know how the originals are pinned out, but if you have the original, I'd WANT to think that one could find another pair and change the pin configuration? (having never tried I have no idea how easy/difficult it might be)

It's interesting that I have this picture. prior to me giving my D's to my wife's nephew.... my "office" was in an unused bedroom. We had configured the closet with power, TV signals, internet connections.... she just HAD to be able to close the door to hide things.

Fine.... so I was sittingf in my office, a coversation about the D's came up and how to biamp them. I knew I had the plugs. Within 5 minutes of reading the question, I had them pulled out (they were literally at my fingertips after around 30-35 years of ownership). Pulled them out of drawer, took (this) picture and posted it.

So, here it is again in case it can be helpful.


EV plugs.jpg
 
Have you found the owners manual on them yet? (how about the glossy brochure?)
I've posted those here before, perhaps on this very thread (I've not looked back)
If you have them, good....if not, and want them, let me know and I'll either send them or post them. I know I've posted them a couple times though so they are here, just a matter of looking.
 
Have you found the owners manual on them yet? (how about the glossy brochure?)
I've posted those here before, perhaps on this very thread (I've not looked back)
If you have them, good....if not, and want them, let me know and I'll either send them or post them. I know I've posted them a couple times though so they are here, just a matter of looking.

Good man. Thank you! I was hoping you'd post about this.

I haven't got the owner's manual yet. Am enjoying my GordonW-assisted pair right now. They're truly special.
 
How about this.... (this is of course, for the version I had which was bought 1978)
 

Attachments

  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    110.8 KB · Views: 45
  • 8.jpg
    8.jpg
    164 KB · Views: 49
  • 9.jpg
    9.jpg
    144.9 KB · Views: 46
  • 10.jpg
    10.jpg
    177.6 KB · Views: 49
  • 11.jpg
    11.jpg
    165.9 KB · Views: 47
  • 12.jpg
    12.jpg
    175.7 KB · Views: 48
  • 13.jpg
    13.jpg
    176.5 KB · Views: 46
  • 14.jpg
    14.jpg
    175.8 KB · Views: 38
  • 15.jpg
    15.jpg
    176.9 KB · Views: 38
  • 16.jpg
    16.jpg
    140.6 KB · Views: 43
Due to the high demand and everyone's willingness to send me $10.00 per page, here's a the glossy brochure AND a copy of the article that I read that enticed me to buy them. I also bought the Pioneer CTF-1000 tape deck it mentions. I gave the CTF to a friend of the wife....

Gave the CTF to a friend of hers, gave my D's to her nephew.... gave my Yamaha CR-2040, AKAI GX-747, 3bx, Audio Control C-101, dbx sub harmonic synthesizer, all my LP's, all my 10" reels and my liner tracking turntable to a high school & college friend of mine.

Guess it pays sometimes to hang around with me.

and NO, I've had zero contemplations on giving the Jubilee's away so don't ask!! :p
 

Attachments

  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    92.5 KB · Views: 43
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    167.9 KB · Views: 45
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    202.7 KB · Views: 42
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    174.7 KB · Views: 42
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    165.4 KB · Views: 44
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    191.1 KB · Views: 44
Question regarding the equalizers.... and I admit I don't know the answer....

Could someone not "simply" biamp them with an active and replace their equalizer with some PEQ's inside the active??
Seems it should be doable?
 
Last edited:
Gave the CTF to a friend of hers, gave my D's to her nephew.... gave my Yamaha CR-2040, AKAI GX-747, 3bx, Audio Control C-101, dbx sub harmonic synthesizer, all my LP's, all my 10" reels and my liner tracking turntable to a high school & college friend of mine.

Anyone keeping score, this is a serious amount of goodwill.

Hats off to you, Coytee!!!
 
You want insult added to injury? I delivered EVERYTHING aside from the D's and the Pioneer to my pal in Ohio. Loaded up my car and drove about 4 1/2 hours (one way) to hand deliver them.

Bout the only thing I did not do was set it up for him.

Same friend by the way that invited my wife & I in 2008 to a trip to London (England) They had a time share and it had two rooms so he asked if we wanted to go....only cost to us is to get there and eat. We went. Ended up spending a week there, a second week in Italy/Switzerland and a third week in Istanbul.

and then..... just two weeks ago, same friend, we returned from another trip where they had a time share in Cabo San Lucas. They had an extra time share since they couldn't use their Covid time....they were going to lose it so, do we want to go?

Got back about 2 weeks ago from a week trip to Cabo.

It's probably evened out quite a bit, if one were to be keeping score.
 
Wow, hadn't checked this thread in a while and am glad I circled back.

I actually have a question about bi-wiring (not bi-amping) as I've never tried it. I'm wondering if it would be possible to run bi-wire speaker cable from my Citation 16A into the sperate terminals on the back of the EVs? Would I need those bi-wire plugs to bypass the crossover? Is there any risk to the speakers from trying this?
 
If I understand your intentions correctly I'd say it would work fine
I don't think it would be any benefit but there are those that might think otherwise.
 
Back
Top Bottom