• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

AR XA headshell screws

If those don't have a metal insert and have been used previously, I might suggest setting the screw in position and turning it backwards at first. You'll feel when it drops into the existing thread cut into the plastic, then you can just spin it in like normal. Otherwise it risks cutting a new thread too close to the existing and just stripping the whole thing out.

on the up side, if its just plastic its not a big deal to drill it out to the next size screw and run those in if it does end up stripped.
Was thinking. If the holes are stripped one could just drill a hole thru the top and just find some longer screws & nuts to go thru the top to the cart. Might look a little funny, but would work.
 
Last edited:
I'd probably try to go one size larger so its not visible first, should have enough there to go to a #4 screw if the #3 is stripped out. Its only 0.013" difference.

If I had to though, nuts would go on the bottom. I think that would look less funny.
 
Was thinking. If the holes are stripped one could just drill a hole thru the top and just find some longer screws & nuts to go thru the top to the cart. Might look a little funny, but would work.
I did that and used Brass screws to match the counter weight . Looked nice in my opinion.

But they do make those little brass threaded inserts you can glue in there. I forgot where I have seen them. I should have book marked it. :(

Found some #4-40 that I think would work on E-bay . Id go that route and get some #4-40 screws . Sell the kit you bought on barter town I guess.

Athanasios
 
I did that and used Brass screws to match the counter weight . Looked nice in my opinion.

But they do make those little brass threaded inserts you can glue in there. I forgot where I have seen them. I should have book marked it. :(

Found some #4-40 that I think would work on E-bay . Id go that route and get some #4-40 screws . Sell the kit you bought on barter town I guess.

Athanasios
`Great minds can come up with a lot of ways to do it.:thumbsup:
 
I have purchased both the 3D-printed and injection-molded aftermarket headshells that seem to fight it out online. Injection molded wins in my view. Not sure off-hand of the threads in the aftermarket items, but agree with posts above that say 3-48 is in the originals. The thread depth is so shallow that screws close seems to work.
 
If it's right into plastic anything will just form in and work fine. If it has metal inserts you'd have a harder time
 
Back
Top Bottom