• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

AR XA Pivot bearing parts

Register to hide this ad
If you haven't located any, I may have a couple available. As for Delrin bearings anything that might be available would be used or damaged when removing them.
Might be better to replace with jewel bearings.
Will send you a PM
 
Where can I get replacement Delrin bearings, and screws for AR XA pivot bearing?
@StuartB helped me out with jewel bearings, but it will require drilling the brass block a bit. I haven't received them yet, but I imagine it won't be a difficult project. One should also polish the set screw points, where they contact the jewels.
If you're that far into it, I don't think it's worth putting Delrin back in!

The only alternative to Stuart's approach that I'm researching is buying the mounted jewels, and drilling and tapping the brass block to accept them; but so far have been unable to source the correct tap. Also looking into the spring-loaded mounted jewels.

That said, Stuart's approach is, I believe, Mike Morin's (R.I.P.) approach, which is proven.

jv
 
If you haven't located any, I may have a couple available. As for Delrin bearings anything that might be available would be used or damaged when removing them.
Might be better to replace with jewel bearings.
Will send you a PM

Hello Hose53…since the Delrin is likely to fail at some point…what is the recommended change? Thanks
 
Hi, Sorry, I've been away from being able to respond. Here is my response based on Marc's thoughts of the stamped T-bar with Delrin well. Don't waste time and money on it. That being said yes I do have a some cast T-bars available. I have to finish up one to get out in the next couple of days and will be able to get something together for you
Replacement cast T-bar, making sure that the platter and tone arm spindle lengths are correct. While you are at it yes go to single motor. Take advantage of all recommendation from everyone regarding this conversion. Replace the Delrin thrust plates, I have those as well. StuartB and I both worked with Marc to get up to speed on some of his mods.
 
Back
Top Bottom