Horn speakers are very sensitive to upstream electronics and sources. Tube amps can tame the high end down, vinyl can be a better source then digital (DAC dependent), Also volume level is a consideration (as it is with most other speakers.
My only Klipsch are a pair of KG-4s driven by a Sunfire II (325wrms per channel SS). No special treatments to the speakers (they are stock) and have had no cap or coil replacements (don't need them). They can be breath -taking with vinyl or FM. I don't recall running any digital thru them.
If you have tone controls ( I prefer them), you may be able to dial them in to your liking with an assortment of sources.
I do think that having the treble horn at ear level is not a good idea. I think they can benefit from an unusual elevation or tip them back a tad, but bass may slightly decrease. May be better to play with sitting position (elevation wise) to find the dial-in point.
I have no comment on the price, but if "minty", may be a collector item. I paid little for my KG-4s but had to refinish the walnut cabinet and purchase genuine, original "Klipsch" badges that cost me.