• Please note that Audiokarma will be offline briefly for updates early on Monday morning, September 28th.

Are the Dayton Audio RS75T's a good deal?

camerakid

Active Member
I was thinking of buying four Dayton Audio RS75T's and a pair of Denovo Audio 0.04 cu. Ft. Speaker boxes with my Christmas money for a DIY pair of speakers, so me and my dad can build them together (a little father-son project never hurts). And I bet your wondering why I need four of them... well, maybe I will make another pair. In fact, if I need bass from those tiny boxes and tiny speakers, then I may add a 3 1/2 passive radiator on the back. But... what this thread is about is if the RS75T's are worth it. The 15 watts rms will be enough for me, but has anyone built any diy speakers out of these? Do they perform well?
 
Register to hide this ad
the questions that need to be asked for any project is:
What am I trying to achieve with the project? Are you looking for a very small speaker because of size and space limitations or budget? Am I wanting full range sound, or a limited subset of sound, to be augmented with something like a subwoofer or woofer?

Be aware that although the speaker is "full range", the laws of physics will not allow a small woofer to give you "real" bass response much below 100hz, even with a 3.5 inch passive radiator. You can approximate some type of mid bass response with low freq. equalization (a bump in bass response electronically or via the crossover) but it will likely require more power.

If you're looking for a starter DIY type project, then that's a different idea. If you're looking for a good sounding kit-speaker that will provide a lot of listening quality for money spent, you have a lot more choices to consider and to look at. But then you should define your potential budget as kits can run anywhere from a a few hundred to a thousand dollars!
 
the questions that need to be asked for any project is:
What am I trying to achieve with the project? Are you looking for a very small speaker because of size and space limitations or budget? Am I wanting full range sound, or a limited subset of sound, to be augmented with something like a subwoofer or woofer?

Be aware that although the speaker is "full range", the laws of physics will not allow a small woofer to give you "real" bass response much below 100hz, even with a 3.5 inch passive radiator. You can approximate some type of mid bass response with low freq. equalization (a bump in bass response electronically or via the crossover) but it will likely require more power.

If you're looking for a starter DIY type project, then that's a different idea. If you're looking for a good sounding kit-speaker that will provide a lot of listening quality for money spent, you have a lot more choices to consider and to look at. But then you should define your potential budget as kits can run anywhere from a a few hundred to a thousand dollars!
Thanks!
 
Back
Top Bottom