• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

B & W Pics

San Xavier del Bac, Tucson, AZ.

attachment.php
 

Attachments

  • sanxavier.jpg
    sanxavier.jpg
    71.4 KB · Views: 55
Like the San Xavier photo.

Just noticed somethng about the toy plane pic - if I scroll down the page, I like the middle (slightly darker one) best, but if I scroll up, I like the 3rd more heavily burned one. (Others may have different opinions!) This reminds me of when subjective tests of competing HDTV systems were done. The tests had to be repeated several times with different audiences and with the order of presentation randomized to get away from "training" effects like this.
 
Like the San Xavier photo.

Just noticed somethng about the toy plane pic - if I scroll down the page, I like the middle (slightly darker one) best, but if I scroll up, I like the 3rd more heavily burned one. (Others may have different opinions!) This reminds me of when subjective tests of competing HDTV systems were done. The tests had to be repeated several times with different audiences and with the order of presentation randomized to get away from "training" effects like this.

Yep!

Everyone's eyes are different but there are certain "presentations" that can skew the results!

Mike :D
 
Gentlemen,

Fitting that I found this thread as I have just finished developing my very first roll of B&W film - Kodak Tmax 100 in Ilford ID-11 -
_DSC9640.jpg


Not a black and white pic but, hopefully it will be the source of B&W pics to come!

Mike :D

Nothing like being on the cutting edge of technology. :D
 
Last edited:
Looks like you are enjoying yourself with developing film. Are you just scanning the negatives or are you printing them and then scanning the prints?
 
Looks like you are enjoying yourself with developing film. Are you just scanning the negatives or are you printing them and then scanning the prints?

I'm scanning the negs right now as I have no place to set up to do wet prints. It's kinda tough to get image quality, all I've got is my HP3310 all-in-one printer to do my scanning with! :pity:

But, I AM having fun!

Mike :D
 
Waaaaaay back in college. I was taking Commercial Art and we did a lot of commercial photography and camera ready art exercises.

Man, that seems like a long time ago! :yes:

Mike :D
 
Waaaaaay back in college. I was taking Commercial Art and we did a lot of commercial photography and camera ready art exercises.

Man, that seems like a long time ago! :yes:

Mike :D
Did you get your degree in commercial art? I did.
If you were doing paste up and layout, like we were, it was a long time ago! :D
 
Back
Top Bottom