• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

B & W Pics

Wow, very nice stuff I'm seeing here.
Makes me want to get my darkroom up and running again.
Thank you all for the inspiration.
Cheers, Timo.
 
Okay guys, I got bored....

12 year old Kodak Elite II 200 color reversal film -
5387975988_c011551892_z.jpg


Developed in Ilford ID-11 stock solution for 8 and 1/2 min with a plain water stop bath. Ilford Rapid Fixer for 5 min followed by a wash.

Why do I do these things.....?! :banana:

Mike :D
 
Here's a couple from yesterday, very overcast and misty -
5391545879_64e3fdfa8f_z.jpg


5391846534_7cc6a5684d_z.jpg


Canon AE1P with 50mm f1.8 and yellow filter
Kodak Tmax 400
Ilford ID-11 developer

Mike :D
 
Last edited:
Nice stuff, Mike,but what is that artifact going across the sky in the first pic? Scanning artifact or is it in the negative?
 
Nice stuff, Mike,but what is that artifact going across the sky in the first pic? Scanning artifact or is it in the negative?

Ya know Vato, I've had my nose so deep into these pictures lately, I didn't even notice that! I'm thinkin' it's from the scanner but I'll have to check the neg....

Mike :D
 
I didn't see anything on the neg so it must have been generated by the scanner. I've got to pay more attention! :yes:

Mike :D
 
Let's have another cup of coffee....

Here's another experiment in film developing! Kodak T400CN (color process B&W) developed in Caffenol-C coffee based developer.

Recipe for Caffenol-C is:

150ml of water mixed with 15 grams of instant coffee (I used Folgers)
200ml of water mixed with 8 grams Washing Soda (Arm and Hammer)
Combine the 2 liquids and mix in 2 grams (I used 4) Vitamin C powder

Developed for 10:00 minutes, fixed and washed.
5398663611_0ab04813f1_z.jpg


5398659823_ec2a10a4f8_z.jpg


5398641897_00c2a19227_z.jpg


Mike :D
 
Last edited:
WOW Mike! I had no idea coffee could make such a smooth developer! Those look terrific!

Here's one I took last summer for my classical harpist friend. It was shot on Tmax 100 with my Pentax 67 II, using a black stocking stretched over the lens for diffusion.

MiaBW15net.jpg


Hillary
 
Thanks Hillary!

Very clever using the black stocking! And you've got to love that Tmax 100.

Mike :D
 
Last edited:
Hi IH!

Not yet. In fact, that is my next project. :yes:

I have a number of rolls of C-41 film that came with a Canon EOS 650 that I recently purchased so I figured I'd "sacrifice" a couple of them and see how Caffenol works of them.

I'll post the results!

Mike :D
 
Hey Indian Head!

Here's a couple of pics that were shot on Kodak Gold 200 C-41 process color film and developed in Caffenol-C
5409032873_5e0d948b7a_z.jpg


5409028309_6c527c8f32_z.jpg


Developing time was 11 minutes, then fix for 5 min and then wash for 10 min. Dried and then scanned on my old HP 3310 All-In-One scanner at 1200 dpi.

Mike :D
 
Thanks for those examples, Mike! Very nice. :thmbsp:

I even like the effect on color C-41 film, much "toothier."

You've inspired me. Been in the darkroom this week, No Caffinol-C yet, but photography has become fun again.

Hillary
 
Well, I'm by no means any kind of expert on Caffenol but, these are indicative of what you could get using it. Since this was my first time using it on C-41 film (and only the 2nd time all together!), I just followed the recommended development time that I had found on a Caffenol site.

Good luck and have fun!

Mike :D
 
Getting Ready to Wrap the Maypole

Sometime in the 1990s at the Octoberfest, Mt. Angel, Oregon...
maypole1.jpg

Pentax SF-1, 28mm Pentax lens, Ilford B&W.
 
Back
Top Bottom