• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

B2

Good point. I do remember changing R101 from 390K to 150K - a quick and dirty way to bring the overall input impedance closer to the original configuration.
 
Last edited:
Good point. I do remember changing R101 from 390K to 150K - a quick and dirty way to bring the overall input impedance closer to the original configuration.
what about doing it the right way...it takes no longer than changing the 390k to 150k.

@Vint Age custom schematic should be followed in order to retain the original input impedance ..when that is the goal.
 
When and why would it not be? ;)

When paired with a Sissy preamp that can't drive 25k "load"


BTW, I did not note a sound difference between 25k or 50k impedance when driving the B-2 with the C-1 (for other preamps YMMV). Nonetheless, the tonal accuracy my two "microphones" could be questioned...so I defer to original 25k config for all of my rebuilds. :thumbsup:
 
When paired with a Sissy preamp that can't drive 25k "load"


BTW, I did not note a sound difference between 25k or 50k impedance when driving the B-2 with the C-1 (for other preamps YMMV). Nonetheless, the tonal accuracy my two "microphones" could be questioned...so I defer to original 25k config for all of my rebuilds. :thumbsup:
Is the C-5000A the sissy?
 
Thanks for clarifying. One more thing. Are they Diatones sitting atop the 2000s in that photo?
 
"testing" another B-2 tonight and it sounds magical. I never seem to get tired of it's sound no mater to what I rotate in my system. Every time a B-2 gets prime stage, TIME STOPS...and I get transported in to a different world :music:
 
Every time a B-2 gets prime stage, TIME STOPS...and I get transported in to a different world :music:
I couldn't agreed with you more! :thumbsup:

Now that the weather is getting cooler I've been thinking about rotating out my B-2 with my B-1 shortly ... but I'm wondering if I should even bother at this point since I enjoy the magic of the B-2 so much.

On the other hand my B-1 is full of very similar sonic magic with some subtly enjoyable differences and deserves to have some listening time too; oh what a wonderful conundrum to have ... ;) :)
 
On the other hand my B-1 is full of very similar sonic magic with some subtly enjoyable differences and deserves to have some listening time too; oh what a wonderful conundrum to have ... ;) :)

:)
I rotate ...summer or winter. In most cases the rotation happens when I want to try something new, such as an amp mode, speaker combo, position, other sources....so I find reasons all the time to rotate.

And YES, I love the B-1 and B-3, the Sonys....They all go through rotation at some point.

Last evening I needed to put a B-2 prime stage and was supposed to do something with it after....but I got submerged into the music and I was unable to pull myself away....I fell asleep after 4-5 hours of listening on my LvRm couch...what comes out of the B-2 is like a drug. So good that I can't get enough of it, but also bad because it does not allow me to move forward with the tasks I want to accomplish :)
 
Last edited:
Last evening I needed to put a B-2 prime stage and was supposed to do something with it after....but I got submerged into the music and I was unable to pull myself away....I fell asleep after 4-5 hours of listening on my LvRm couch...what comes out of the B-2 is like a drug. So good that I can't get enough of it, but also bad because it does not allow me to move forward with the tasks I want to accomplish :)
Totally understood and appreciated!
IKWYM 01.jpg
952.jpg
 
Last edited:
I couldn't agreed with you more! :thumbsup:

Now that the weather is getting cooler I've been thinking about rotating out my B-2 with my B-1 shortly ... but I'm wondering if I should even bother at this point since I enjoy the magic of the B-2 so much.

On the other hand my B-1 is full of very similar sonic magic with some subtly enjoyable differences and deserves to have some listening time too; oh what a wonderful conundrum to have ... ;) :)

Show off. :D
 
index.php




do I see that shelve getting herniated on the sides ?? :D
 
Back
Top Bottom