• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Baldwin Organ output transformers?????

jwrauch

Super Member
Anyone have any experience using Baldwin organ 6L6 PP output transformers in Hifi amps? Thanks. JOHN
 
Register to hide this ad
I'm sure there are many more, but the only organ OPTs I've kept to date are Allens. Organs just didn't need the same frequency range as HiFi and OPTs were a great place to save money.
 
Most organ output transformers do have the range that a lot of people want for hi-fi use.

Think about it, (and I have measured my Gulbransen organ amplifiers output) they need to be able to produce the low end for the bass pedals, and the high end for the uppermost high C note especially if you want to hear that flute note that would make your dog raise its ears!

I am using a mono 25 watt tubed Gulbransen 6L6GC amplifier connected to a single Cerwin-Vega D9, and the bass is incredible, plus I have to sometimes turn the treble control down with the Kenwood preamp I am using. That cymbal clash can be pretty amazing, and the bass drum has that certain punch that you cannot describe!
 
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom