• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Banana plugs for Marantz?

john5220

AK Subscriber
Subscriber
How big of a deal is it to change the annoying push in clips to receptacles that accept banana plugs for speaker connections Marantz receivers? Is it even doable and if so, are there "aftermarket" parts to do the job?

TIA!
 
Register to hide this ad
most people (including me) solder pigtails to banana jacks or binding posts. I like the doubles so the wires are separated with little chance of shorting out the outputs.

My only Marantz uses a screw terminal barrier strip so I use something like https://www.digikey.com/short/phv795

Sorry, i guess it really doesn't answer your question.
 
On further review I guess I don't want to CONVERT to receptacles to use banana plugs(due to altering a collectible unit) but I want to purchase/make an ADAPTOR to accept banana plugs.

Sorry for the confusion.
 
How big of a deal is it to change the annoying push in clips to receptacles that accept banana plugs for speaker connections Marantz receivers? Is it even doable and if so, are there "aftermarket" parts to do the job?

TIA!
I like the spring clip terminals, they never loosen their grip and go intermittent.
 
Try these on a chunk of nice wire that fits the spring connectors. Best Chinese product I have ever bought.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/10Pcs-Red-...066061&hash=item364f736266:g:UxUAAOSw5T1dCMDD

Available in different lot sizes, cheap, good silicon covers that cover the ends of the connector, good solder well for the wire and decent hole in them to thread that wire through the connector. I wish I had bought another 10 or so. So convenient to add banana jacks to all sorts of things. Work for meter leads on some meters, Simpson and Triplett.
 
Try these on a chunk of nice wire that fits the spring connectors. Best Chinese product I have ever bought.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/10Pcs-Red-...066061&hash=item364f736266:g:UxUAAOSw5T1dCMDD

Available in different lot sizes, cheap, good silicon covers that cover the ends of the connector, good solder well for the wire and decent hole in them to thread that wire through the connector. I wish I had bought another 10 or so. So convenient to add banana jacks to all sorts of things. Work for meter leads on some meters, Simpson and Triplett.
This is over a year old and link is dead, but I'm really curious what product this is. Are you still out there and willing to share again? Thanks
 
A member here recommended these:
https://www.parts-express.com/lil-p...wire-adapter-set-red-and-black-pair--091-1262

jhSm02f.jpg
 
Back
Top Bottom