• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Bank seized audio warehouse inventory auction - Savannah, GA

Look at the photos on auctionzip.
There are about 40 or 50.
It looks like a genuine audio/music store went our of business and the bank is liquidating.
 
This is just an old recycled concept. I bought some of my first stereo gear at 'Bank Seized' or 'Liquidation Sale' warehouse-type things they used to have every six months in the Denver metro area back in the 1970s. Usually at 'Big Mac', McNichols Auditorium. I got my turntable there back in the day. Good prices can be had, but they also sell a lot of junk mixed in with the good stuff. And yes, they know what it all goes for. Bargains yes, but not extreme bargains, usually.

I'd go if I was in the area, but it's not like this is a new thing. You guys just aren't old enough to remember the glorious good old days.

I have to disagree - I know the "Super Sales" to which you refer. Stack some Pioneer up front and the rest was all third tier.

They still had them up into the 90's at the Stock Show Complex but by then it was Computer and Car Stereo. Now it's Tool Liquidation Auctions which are all about Harbor Freight level merchandise.

This, though, looks to me like a legit store liquidation. That said it's hard to imagine anybody's going to come away with what anybody here would call a score.
 
fi31.cgi


The grain on these speakers, I'm in love. :drool:
 
I like the Magneplanar desk top set and what is up with the red-framed full-sized ones?

Could be some opportunities to buy at fair prices for good new or near new gear.

I know if I was still in SE GA I would be rolling to this auction.
 
Spotted some Martin Logan's, B&W's, and a couple of REL subs:

fi56.cgi


Also some pro gear, custom install stuff, wire, and a bunch of musical instrument gear, tons of drum sticks!
 
Dang, too far to drive for me, but you Southern folks with money left after the holidays,
get your sound on!! Take pix and post them so we can enjoy vicariously!
 
Audio Warehouse, a great Savannah tradition. I traded all of my plastic pioneer 80's midrange stuff in one shot for a Mac 1900 from them in 1998. My first venture into real audio. The Mac was built in Binghamton NY, and then I bought it in Savannah and moved with it up to upstate NY where I was able to take it back to Audio Classics for repair some 12 years later, what a round trip! I've had some real shocks over the past few weeks, but this feels like a kick to the groin.:tears:
 
Just bumping this, hoping to for a report from any AK'ers who may have attended! Couldn't go, had to work today. :(
 
Audio Warehouse, a great Savannah tradition.

I haven't checked my receipt, yet, but I recall buying some ADS 320i speakers for my car from a store near the mall as this one was. Shame to see the loss of another quality dealer.
 
I went. Prices weren't great. At or above typical used prices for the items, plus the 17% buyer premium + GA tax. A few good deals. A Mc501 went for $1500. I got a Triad Platinum Center for $75, one damaged woofer though.
 
I went. Prices weren't great. At or above typical used prices for the items, plus the 17% buyer premium + GA tax. A few good deals. A Mc501 went for $1500. I got a Triad Platinum Center for $75, one damaged woofer though.

Thanks for reporting -- though it's what I figured as far as prices goes...
 
Back
Top Bottom