• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Best album, The Who Tommy or Pink Floyd the Wall?

Best album, The Who Tommy or Pink Floyd the Wall

  • The Wall

    Votes: 25 52.1%
  • Tommy.

    Votes: 23 47.9%

  • Total voters
    48
  • Poll closed .

NH-MAN

Addicted Member
I have a hard time with this as they are both creative and Amazing and unlike anything else. I am wondering which one all of you think is best. I know "possibly" what I may choose. (It's really hard)

If you like try to persuade me. .
 
Register to hide this ad
This would be infinitely easier if you had said "Which is better, The Wall or Who's Next".

I hear what you are saying but I am going by the story aspect and the Fact that both have alot of work put into them and the songs so immensely creative and I feel they both stand up to each other pretty evenly in that regard. I feel they are pretty equal in what they portray and think its really just what band you like better. Just my thoughts. I am really trying to be fair to both.
 
I hear what you are saying but I am going by the story aspect and the Fact that both have alot of work put into them and the songs so immensely creative and I feel they both stand up to each other pretty evenly in that regard. I feel they are pretty equal in what they portray and think its really just what band you like better. Just my thoughts. I am really trying to be fair to both.
I like both bands equally but for different reasons. But I still picked The Wall.
 
I think The Wall is better , but I like Pink Floyd more . I'm quite sure we will never see this kind of creativity ever again .
 
I hear what you are saying but I am going by the story aspect and the Fact that both have alot of work put into them and the songs so immensely creative and I feel they both stand up to each other pretty evenly in that regard. I feel they are pretty equal in what they portray and think its really just what band you like better. Just my thoughts. I am really trying to be fair to both.

Yeah, gotcha bro. They're similar in that regard (telling a long story).

I'd have to give the nod to the Who, but only because they kinda got in very early (1969).
 
Too easy for me. I find The Wall ponderous, pompous and heavy-handed. Tommy, on the other hand, includes a wide and eclectic variety of some of Townshend's best songwriting efforts, both lyrically and musically.

And it's not that I necessarily prefer The Who to PF. If you'd chosen Umma Gumma, WYWH or even DSOTM as your Floyd entry, I'd have a much harder time choosing.
 
Thanks all, I hope I get lots more replies as I would love to hear why you feel the content is better in one than the other.

Now if I could think of something to put up against Alanis Morsette Jagged little pill album. I think the best "I am pouring my guts out to you" album ever. It was a true masterpiece, every song. If there is an equal tell me about it I dont know all.
 
Now if I could think of something to put up against Alanis Morsette Jagged little pill album. I think the best "I am pouring my guts out to you" album ever. It was a true masterpiece, every song. If there is an equal tell me about it I dont know all.

Nirvana “Nevermind”?
 
Nirvana “Nevermind”?
I never looked it that album that same way. Maybe I missed the point is it all about personal feelings of the artist life like hers? I just liked to rock out on it maybe I missed the point. Serious question BTW
 
Back
Top Bottom