• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Best album, The Who Tommy or Pink Floyd the Wall?

Best album, The Who Tommy or Pink Floyd the Wall

  • The Wall

    Votes: 25 52.1%
  • Tommy.

    Votes: 23 47.9%

  • Total voters
    48
  • Poll closed .
I never looked it that album that same way. Maybe I missed the point is it all about personal feelings of the artist life like hers? I just liked to rock out on it maybe I missed the point. Serious question BTW

I chose it mainly because the two were probably the most culturally impactful records of the 90s. They were benchmarks. Both changed music in fundamental ways and sold tens of millions of copies worldwide. Maybe more. And if Kurt Cobain’s lyrics aren’t about personal feelings, I have no idea what they are about.
 
Last edited:
I chose it mainly because the two records were probably the most culturally impactful records of the 90s. And if Kurt Cobain’s lyrics aren’t about personal feelings, I have no idea what they are about.

True Duh to me (insert slap my head emoji)
 
I chose it mainly because the two records were probably the most culturally impactful records of the 90s. And if Kurt Cobain’s lyrics aren’t about personal feelings, I have no idea what they are about.


Good one thanks, now something else to wrack my brain over.
 
Pink Floyd The Wall ......I had the album used to rock out on our MCS system my Mom bought from JCpenneys she smashed the album with a Hammer :bowdown: after reading the lyrics from "Dirty Woman"...... I was 12 years old paid $9 dollars them were the days
 
Now if I could think of something to put up against Alanis Morsette Jagged little pill album. I think the best "I am pouring my guts out to you" album ever. It was a true masterpiece, every song. If there is an equal tell me about it I dont know all.

If you want that kind of album (pouring my guts out) then that indeed is a good choice, tho Alanis' tendency to let out that horse bray at the end of every note kinda ruined it for me. One of those "once you hear it" things that I now cannot hear. And I LIKE that album.

Stereophonics "You Gotta Go There To Come Back" is sometimes spotty, but the slower tunes are certainly Kelly Jones pouring out his guts. He had dealt with a fallout with his brother, lost a woman of many years, and he wrote a masterpiece.

Give it a listen sometime, at least spin "Maybe Tomorrow" and let me know what you think.

Perhaps Bob Dylan's Blood on the Tracks. Some really good bad feelings on that one.

I had thought the same thing.
 
Does this make sense?....They share a genre but aren't musically all that similar to me. "The Wall" comes across as a circus and "Tommy" is a carnival. Both are thematically dark, but "Tommy" is more hopeful.

I didn't vote because I like them both and don't have to exclude either (at least not in my own little world).
 
Back
Top Bottom