• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Better Tonearm? Audio Technica AT-1005 II or Audio Technica ATP-12T?

Register to hide this ad
I would choose both :D

ATP-12T is longer and I like its broadcast/professional roots.

Both are kinda heavy (approx 20g) which is quite OK for today's cartridges.

AT-1005-II has antiskating which in my opinion is necessary for cartridges tracking at under 2.5g, especially if the cartridge has an advanced stylus profile.

Hope that helps.
 
Last edited:
I have just been gifted a AT1005mk2 from a friend and it is a nice arm. It does have an effective mass of 20g, but removing the outer stub weight (not needed) and not using the slide weight to set tracking force and leaving the light right back at the rear of arm will reduce the effective mass a lot, maybe down to 16 g which will allow the use of all but very high compliance carts. It is a well made arm with the ability to easily adjust arm height and anti skate is accurate and easy to adjust, great arm IMO.
Chris
 
I just won a nice looking AT1005 MKii on the FeeBay.. I did notice the outer counterweight is missing..the one that is on the main counterweight.
Cafe Latte.. do you think it isn't needed anyway?
I bet it would be fairly difficult to find one.. but maybe I could have one made?
 
Back
Top Bottom