• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Black Sabbath...

Register to hide this ad
Just saw them in Tacoma with my 10-year-old son. They were ripping it up (especially given that Ozzy was recovering from a sinus infection!)

-D
 
Listening to live (official and unofficial) recordings by this band (and its Heaven & Hell incarnation) spanning 1971 until 2015, I've found very few "disappointing" performances, though I must admit a preference for shows w/ Ozzie or Dio. Honorable mention to the (1983?) tour that featured Ian Gillan, pulled in (sorta) last-minute basis after Dio split from Sabbath.
 
I gotta say, Tommy Clufetos was the correct choice on drums. He gives them a great foundation on which to stand, and he and Geezer play very well off each other.

-D
 
Timeless is right - my son at one point (wish I had shot a video of this) was head banging while doing the double-devil-sign (in a Masters of Reality t-shirt).

-D
 
Timeless is right - my son at one point (wish I had shot a video of this) was head banging while doing the double-devil-sign (in a Masters of Reality t-shirt).

-D
I use to see the Masters of Reality often in their hometown of Syracuse , NY. They use to put on a killer Halloween party at the Landmark theater.
 
Just finished listening to the 27 January perfomance @ MTS Centre, Winnipeg, Canada. If this is the last tour, the lads are making it a dazzling finish. Ozzie's a bit challenged on some of the high notes, but I don't that I have heard a heavier sound from Ton' & Geez' in ROIOs dating back to 1972. Iommi especially is just thundering his way through a setlist that includes such underplayed (and well-appreciated @ this tour) gems as "Fairies Wear Boots", "After Forever", and "Into The Void", numbers that have hardly seen any "live" action since ca. 1973.
 
PS: I urge all who like, love, or are simply curious about hearing (and feeling) a "live" Sabbath performance to catch a show if it is anywhere near your residential setting. In all of rock there's nothing quite like hearing and feeling the opening chord @ a Sabbath show.
 
there's nothing quite like hearing and feeling the opening chord @ a Sabbath show.
Agreed! Saw VanHalen open for them in '77 or '78.
VH was great! I thought they were going to smoke BS. But, it was quite the opposite! :rockon:
 
Agreed! Saw VanHalen open for them in '77 or '78.
VH was great! I thought they were going to smoke BS. But, it was quite the opposite! :rockon:

From ca. 1970 through 1981, smokin' Sabbath @ a live event was a tall order. After Dio split, well, things started becoming dodgy. When Dio returned in the early '90s ('92?), the Sabbaths were on top again. I don't recall as well the first reunion w/ Oz (mid '90s?), but the second reunion w/ Dio, calling the ensemble Heaven And Hell, was also a powerful grouping. They'd worked in numbers, e.g. "Bible Black", that met & even exceeded some ofthe heaviest classic Sabbath material. I'm glad to read/hear that they are going out on a strong note.
 
Back
Top Bottom