• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Bob Bogle, co-founder of the Ventures, has died

Register to hide this ad
Bob Bogle R.I.P.... Luckly we will be able to hear surf music again, and again and again. Surfing music, in particular the artists and their Fender guitars, shaped music for eons to come.
 
??????????

Bob Bogle R.I.P.... Luckly we will be able to hear surf music again, and again and again. Surfing music, in particular the artists and their Fender guitars, shaped music for eons to come.

Didn't the Ventures use Mosrite guitars,I believe that was the guitar that made their sound,at least in the early yrs......RIP
 
RIP Bob.

I'm reminded of a line from 3rd stone from the stone:

"To you I shall put an end, then you'll never hear surf music again."
 
Didn't the Ventures use Mosrite guitars,I believe that was the guitar that made their sound,at least in the early yrs......RIP

yes but fender , gibson and others were played also. look at the record covers or the youtubes.
I remember them as fender players and had to but a strat.
 
Ventures:

yes but fender , gibson and others were played also. look at the record covers or the youtubes.
I remember them as fender players and had to but a strat.
Yes that's true but Nokkie Edwards their lead guitar player bought a Mosrite and that started the ball rolling so to speak, in the production of the Venture models being produced where every guitar including bass was used by the Ventures.This affiliation lasted at least 5 yrs and the guitars were all marked Ventures Model on the head.I bought Nokkie's lead model from a local music shop in 64.Walk don't run,Hawaii 50 and others were played on Mosrites.Although Mosrites were produced for various artist including Jimi Hendrix etal and were being made as early as in the 50's,it was the Ventures useage that basically made the Mosrites popular and the sales jump in numbers.After the Ventures affiliation with Mosrite ended the company went through many bad times but always seemed to recover some but was never the same after that.Go to Mosrite under Google for tons of info!....Rick....P/S...I too have original LP'S showing them with only Mosrites,they being from the early to mid 60's!
 
That's a sad thing - RIP Bob. BUT, their music will live on forever - Only one VENTURES :)

Had a lot of their LPs. Saw them live a few times, sometimes close enough to talk during breaks. Always a class act. They could rock :)

And, yeah, they are were Mosrite's every time I saw them.
 
Sad news, RIP. I heard mention on NPR this am, and they played a bit of Walk, Don't Run.

Before my time, I have ended up with a few of their records.
 
I think the Ventures may have brought surf music to the masses. I bought one of their records when I was about 10 or 11, that taste of surf led me to the likes of Dick Dale and Link Wray. So to say they influenced the record buying public would be an understatement.
Great, timeless music that will be with us forever.
RIP brother.
 
Back
Top Bottom