• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Bokeh! show it off

This image is cool. Did you use a tilt-shift lens or adapter?

large.jpg
 
I have learned some things from this thread, but some things about it are driving me crazy!

If the background is WAY out of focus, and you can't see any details at all, you can't say whether the lens has good bokeh or bad. A number of pictures posted here seem to fall in that category, in my simple-minded opinion. They have very nice diffused backgrounds, but don't tell you anything about bokeh. However, if background details, though out of focus, have an annoying edge to them, you can say both that the image illustrates bad bokeh and the lens has bad bokeh.

So, I think, in some cases, people have been using the term faddishly and trying to stretch it to cover cases that aren't instructive at all.

< end of old grump's rant>
 
I hate to pick on ya but this is a good example of bad bokeh. The background looks harsh. The lower left has the condom looking circles. If you look closely they are all over. This lens would have good foreground bokeh.

Alaska2009195-1.jpg
 
Broonsbane I love that shot. I hope you don't mind, I took the liberty of cropping it just a bit. It's really awesome! :yes:
 

Attachments

  • DSC_0846.jpg
    DSC_0846.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 30
No big deal, I was just walking around with my D40 using the 15-55mm lens and did the shot hand held. In fact all the shots I posted were done this way. I'm currently looking for a good macro lens and will then use a tripod or perhaps a monopod. Either way I'm just killing time and having some fun :banana:


I hate to pick on ya but this is a good example of bad bokeh. The background looks harsh. The lower left has the condom looking circles. If you look closely they are all over. This lens would have good foreground bokeh.

Alaska2009195-1.jpg
 
Nice shot BroonsBane.

If ony I lived where you lived.

Early morning (I see no shadow's) and Three? Very, very quiet, between 6:30 and 7:00, ....In a tent? Or, in a zoo- wich I really do think is your style. So, please fill me in.
 
Nice shot BroonsBane.

If ony I lived where you lived.

Early morning (I see no shadow's) and Three? Very, very quiet, between 6:30 and 7:00, ....In a tent? Or, in a zoo- wich I really do think is your style. So, please fill me in.

The nearest zoo is about 325Km's away :yes:

I took that shot in the early evening around the beginning of September. The location is a large wetland area that we like to go to.
It's on the shore of Lake Superior, lots of wildlife to see. The wetland is on an island which has a very large White Tail Deer population.
 
Nice, very nice. I get a maybe one dear at the most in my yard at certain times of the year but when they hear me going for my camera they run away!
No sh*t! (see, I live in a log cabin, and they shy off)
 
Nice, very nice. I get a maybe one dear at the most in my yard at certain times of the year but when they hear me going for my camera they run away!
No sh*t! (see, I live in a log cabin, and they shy off)

You need to find some "urban" deer :D
 
I can't believe I wrote that so bad, sorry
"I get a maybe "


I will never get used to this laptop keyboard!
 
Ok, Found an older cactus bloom. Maybe just maybe it would qualify!

And hello Dynacophil! nice pics!
 

Attachments

  • cactus fllower 003.jpg
    cactus fllower 003.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 42
Back
Top Bottom