• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Bozak B312A Good, Bad,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register to hide this ad
I've never heard the 312A, but I've never heard a Bozak that wasn't wonderful.

These them?

408779389_45c1077e1d.jpg
 
bozak, altec, frazier from the late 50's/early 60s, how could you go wrong with tube amps and analog front end?
 
pmsummer said:
I've never heard the 312A, but I've never heard a Bozak that wasn't wonderful.

These them?

408779389_45c1077e1d.jpg

Yeah, but they're upside-down. Furthermore, they are wonderful. Nice, warm sound.
 
The circle is for the aluminum cone 6 inch mid range. They were sold with idea you might add it later. I think the crossover is ready for it, I can find out if you want. I have two pair of Bozak and am working on getting a third pair. I love the big mellow sound.
 
I just finished the Tobin mods on a pair of 302A Urbans about two weeks ago, and I still can't beleive what a wonderful speaker they are. I would strongly suggest getting the AL midrange if they don't have it installed. I can't think of a midrange that sounds better to my ears. I have read however that the earlier "paper" cone mids and tweets were not as good. If you do any crossover work, be sure to check out what Pat Tobin has to say.:thmbsp:

Edit-Just to add, that when I first got these and hooked them up, they sounded like total ASS. All the old caps measured~double their ratings.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom