• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Bread machine

old_tv_nut

See Yourself on Color TV!
Subscriber
The house is full of the aroma of fresh bread - mmm! Anyone else here use a bread machine? Favorite recipes?
I just made a loaf of half whole-wheat, half white, with dried cranberries.
 
Register to hide this ad
mmmmmmm

I've got one! It's an "old" Hitachi from 1993, awesome build quality and spits out bread like, well, it just does.:D I love fresh sourdough bread, :drool: that is my favorite. I also have a handy-dandy cutting rack with slots for cutting even slices and a handy-dandy electric knife for assisting said purpose. Bread mixes for machines seem to be getting harder to find. I need to start making some of the other recipes in the book that came with the machine. I never think to make a list for when I am at the grocery store.
 
.....Bread Machines, I love mine....my favorite bread to make is French Bread....I cut slices 1/2 to 3/4's of an inch thick, fry one side in butter in a skillet, with the other side just toasted in the skillet....makes a great sandwich with the fried buttered side to the inside, avoiding buttered fingers....this of course raises the question if you accidentally get the buttered side to the outside, should the sandwich be eaten with buttered fingers....as to avoid any confusion, the answer of course is, NO, the buttered fingers should be eaten seperately :D....follow the instructions for whichever type bread you choose, and be sure and add water to the original mix that's slightly warm to activate the yeast just right....yummm.....
 
We still use ours to make pizza dough. We don't bake in it, we were never happy with how it came out. Great dough maker, though.

Pizza. Calzone. Fried dough. Mmmmm.
 
I just used mine today. I do bake in it when I am just making a loaf of white or wheat but where it really shines is as a dough maker.

I use it for my rolls and French bread that way and it mixes better than I ever could.

I will say that I got a breadman ultimate that had never been used from craigslist for $25. If you are going to get one do NOT get the vertical kind get a horizontal.
 
Back
Top Bottom