• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Buzz's Acro UL-II Monoblock Project

The 6 year delay was to save up for capacitors?

Obviously i kid.

My (remaining) twin little sister committed suicide 4 years ago next month -- her twin also died in December in 1981. My mother had taken her life a few years before my sister. A lot of stuff went on hold for awhile. Grief can do that.

Now I didn't say that to make you feel bad. Or to elicit sympathy. Of course you had no idea. Life is complicated, and that is probably the main reason for the time lag. It's probably TMI, and I apologize.

I'm done actively grieving. It actually helped me in a lot of ways -- one of which is being more open to others.

I started a lot of different projects over the years, and my goal at this point is to try to finish some of them. :)
 
Last edited:
Back to work

Looking at what I haven't done is daunting. I've got a pile of parts that I have to paint. And I have some large holes to drill for the big poly caps, after I saw off their threaded bolts.

I don't remember how I made the holes before. I might have used an expansion bit, but the one I have is dull and will make poor, out-of-round holes.

The capacitors themselves are are of an odd diameter -- about 44 mm. I guess what I'll do is punch out big holes with a Greenlee, and then make them bigger with a step drill bit. I found a metric one on Amazon that does a 45 mm cutout. Perfect, I hope.

I put the finished and unfinished chassis side-by-side to demo the mirror image topology. There is no real technical reason for this -- I just thought it would look cool.



Acro parts.jpgBig Cap.jpgMirror image.jpg
 
Back
Top Bottom