Greetings All. I’m trying to get to the bottom of a vexing problem I’m having with my recently refurbished MC2300 (caps, transistors, etc—major redo) in a bi-amped configuration. I’m using the 2300 to power a pair JBL B380 passive subs. The preamp is a C220 and I have a pair of JBL BX63A dividing/summing electronic crossovers (one for each channel) in line before the 2300.
The problem is I have a constant low level buzz on both outputs of the 2300 (heard through the B380s). I’ve tried a series of “process of elimination” steps but still I can’t figure out from where the buzz emanates. Here’s what I’ve tried so far (with no improvement):
1) I’ve swapped outputs from the C220 preamp (Main, Out 1, and Out 3).
2) I’ve swapped all cables (pre to Xover, Xover to amp, both channels).
3) I swapped the BX63As with a Dahlquist DQ-LP1 (Since I two of them, I actually tried both).
If I remove the line in cables from the 2300, the buzz goes away. Also of note, there is no buzz on upper end of the system (pair of MC60s into JBL 4333s).
Should I try adding a ground wire between to pre—>Xovers—>amp? Any other ideas/thoughts?
Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks.
The problem is I have a constant low level buzz on both outputs of the 2300 (heard through the B380s). I’ve tried a series of “process of elimination” steps but still I can’t figure out from where the buzz emanates. Here’s what I’ve tried so far (with no improvement):
1) I’ve swapped outputs from the C220 preamp (Main, Out 1, and Out 3).
2) I’ve swapped all cables (pre to Xover, Xover to amp, both channels).
3) I swapped the BX63As with a Dahlquist DQ-LP1 (Since I two of them, I actually tried both).
If I remove the line in cables from the 2300, the buzz goes away. Also of note, there is no buzz on upper end of the system (pair of MC60s into JBL 4333s).
Should I try adding a ground wire between to pre—>Xovers—>amp? Any other ideas/thoughts?
Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks.