• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

C-22 for ~$300.00

Register to hide this ad
People in China have been selling circuit boards and complete units like this for a long time.
 
If its not made in Binghampton, I don't want to know.....

That rip off could not possibly even come close to the real thing....
 
If its not made in Binghampton, I don't want to know.....

That rip off could not possibly even come close to the real thing....

To be fair, it's a DIY project kit, if I were into that sort of thing I'd probably gravitate towards designs that claimed to be based around actual vintage gear too, I can see how that would add to the fun of the DIY hobby. Hopefully anybody with the knowledge to assemble it understands it ain't gonna sound like a C22 though!
 
To be fair, it's a DIY project kit, if I were into that sort of thing I'd probably gravitate towards designs that claimed to be based around actual vintage gear too, I can see how that would add to the fun of the DIY hobby. Hopefully anybody with the knowledge to assemble it understands it ain't gonna sound like a C22 though!

Fair comment too, I think though, its a little pricey for a DIY kit....

To each their own though....I'm not really a DIY'er........
 
eh...when you think about it everything is cheap component wise. Even McIntosh stuff. It doesn't cost all that much in parts material alone. It is the labor that goes into the production, developmental costs and then any markup that adds the real cost.

That is likely the real reason that thing is overpriced in my eyes. Its parts are fairy common and probably don't vary much from even a McIntosh circuit board. I do wonder if the parts in the pic are what you'll actually end up with though. They show some fairly good capacitors and so on there but there is no guarantee that is what they really use in the final product. They then stole the design from a McIntosh service manual I would think and miniaturized it. Whether it is a faithful circuit or not I can't say. I certainly would like to hear one. Of course it is hardly assembled and certainly not the same level of external build quality as a McIntosh. $100 for the kit? Maybe but that is it.
 
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom