• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Calling All Yamahas. Time to Post Your Pics

"Someday?"

I'm in the process of moving to a much bigger house with a good listening room and my "dream shop" so I can build my Lascalas or K-horns. By my wifes estimate I have about $100k (she very likely knows to the penny!) in wood/metalworking tools and I most definitely know how to use them so "someday" is getting very close:yes:

J.R.
 
Here's my contribution.

My latest CL purchase - Yamaha CA-810/CT-810 Amp/Tuner Combo.
IMG_2397.jpg
 
Here's my contribution.

My latest CL purchase - Yamaha CA-810/CT-810 Amp/Tuner Combo.

Lookin' good! Great condition and it also looks like all (that I can tell) your lamps are working. If this is your first dive into Yamaha, how do you think of the sound?
 
Yamaha's in the house...

M-85 amp
M-45 amp
AVC-50 Pre-amp
RX-596 receiver
RX-795 receiver
RX-850 receiver
RX-590 receiver
KX-W162 Tape Deck
CDC-502 CD player
CDC-665 CD player
CDC-506 CD player
CDC-565 CD player
EQ-40
EQ-70

Those are the items in use at this time.
 
Yamaha's in the house...

M-85 amp
M-45 amp
AVC-50 Pre-amp
RX-596 receiver
RX-795 receiver
RX-850 receiver
RX-590 receiver
KX-W162 Tape Deck
CDC-502 CD player
CDC-665 CD player
CDC-506 CD player
CDC-565 CD player
EQ-40
EQ-70

Those are the items in use at this time.

pictures or they don't exist!
 
Lookin' good! Great condition and it also looks like all (that I can tell) your lamps are working. If this is your first dive into Yamaha, how do you think of the sound?

Hey Acoustic.

Yes, these had one owner and are in near mint. One of the lights on the tuner meter is off, but I am planning on upgrading to LEDs anyway - leaning towards Blue. One thing I really do not lke about these Yamahas is that the tuner dial display light is soooooooo dim. However, the sound and performance is awesome! I never owned Yamaha gear until now and I am now a fan (right next to Pioneer of course :thmbsp:)! I paired these with B&W DM-1400 3 way speakers, I just purchased, and the sound is bliss! :D
 
About 30 years after the original purchase of my M-4 yesterday I was able to double my power output with a purchase of another mint M-4 from fellow AK'er Danimal. :banana:
 

Attachments

  • DSC04555.jpg
    DSC04555.jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 128
  • DSC04554.jpg
    DSC04554.jpg
    98 KB · Views: 110
About 30 years after the original purchase of my M-4 yesterday I was able to double my power output with a purchase of another mint M-4 from fellow AK'er Danimal. :banana:

:thmbsp:
thats something i hope to do in the near future..
i only have 1 m-4 :tears: :D :D
 
Pics or it isn't real:D

J.R.

Here you go...

I didn't realize how good of a deal I got when I bought the MX-800u, TX-1000u, CX-1000u, and IMF TLS 50 II speakers all for $450 until I've been seeing what they've been going for on ePay.
 

Attachments

  • 2010-03-27 22.44.14.jpg
    2010-03-27 22.44.14.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 73
  • 2010-03-27 22.44.57.jpg
    2010-03-27 22.44.57.jpg
    64.1 KB · Views: 97
Not a true vintage but i think it holds it's place, if not, mod please feel free to delete.
Here are two pics o my second MX-1 which arrived this week, uuuuhhh ugly shape. It took me 4 hours cleanup....
 

Attachments

  • SDC10652.jpg
    SDC10652.jpg
    116.8 KB · Views: 113
  • SDC10653.jpg
    SDC10653.jpg
    104.5 KB · Views: 114
Here are two pics o my second MX-1 which arrived this week, uuuuhhh ugly shape. It took me 4 hours cleanup....

Heart-warming to see another AK'er that does heavy cleaning in the living room! Wives can be so fussy about that sort of thing. :thmbsp:
 
Back
Top Bottom