• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Can a Nikko 1019 run 5 ohm speakers?

gatorvrx

Klipsch-aholic
I've searched the archives, but can't find much info on the Nikko specs past wpc. I have some 5 ohm Martin Logans. Will the Nikko run these or should I stick with 8 ohm speakers for the Nikko.
 
Register to hide this ad
Yes it does, I am an idiot. Thanks, I was looking for an old owners manual and never thought to look on the back of the reciever. And yes the Nikko NR 1019 does support 4 - 16 ohm speakers.
 
Just remember, you can ONLY run the Martin Logans. Don't hook up another pair of speakers and run them at the same time. Then the net impedance will drop below 4 ohms.

For example, if you run 8-ohm speakers simultaneously with the ML's, you will have a net impedance of --

5 x 8/5 + 8 = 40/13 = 3.08 ohms

Fred
 
Back
Top Bottom