• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Can anyone identify my cartridge in these images?

mhjmhjones

AK Subscriber
Subscriber
sAXK9IM.jpg

4TU3VTg.jpg


It's on my Dual 1226. I have a low-end Shure stylus on there now. Looking to upgrade. Thanks!
 
Register to hide this ad
while you're replacing the stylus, you might also tend to the "bit" of corrosion on the cart wires, and the pins on the back of the cart.
 
This thread made me realize that I had an M70 laying around in a drawer that came with a TT purchase a few years ago as well as a spare headshell to mount it up in. It came with a trashed stylus (not sure if it is a B or EJ as I don't think the stylus in there was the correct one) and didn't look like much, so into the drawer it went. I pulled it out today and put in a spare N35X conical stylus I had laying around. Got it set up and aligned at 2g right now playing "Take 5" by the Dave Brubeck Quartet and loving it. Sweet music...
 
Last edited:
while you're replacing the stylus, you might also tend to the "bit" of corrosion on the cart wires, and the pins on the back of the cart.

With DeOxit I presume? I have DeOxit spray as well as the red and gold tube stuff - any input on which I should use?

By the way, it was a M70EJ - confirmed!
 
With DeOxit I presume? I have DeOxit spray as well as the red and gold tube stuff - any input on which I should use?

By the way, it was a M70EJ - confirmed!
anything that will clean electrical contacts. maybe a bit of very fine sand paper on the cart pins. a twist or two.
 
Cool, thanks! Is "fat sounding" good? Maybe upgrading my stylus would be an option until I get some surplus funds.
Personally, I like fat sounding cartridges. Nice round bottom, lush or whatever one chooses to call it. I've gone through several Japanese ones and a spate of moving coils (in the 1990's) but always gravitated back to Shures & Stantons. Just recently I got a new stylus for an old Empire body I never used but kept for 37 years - just because.

It too falls into the fat sounding category maybe even more so than my Shures so I rather like it as well. And the gold body with separate mounting clip makes it look funkally retro.
 
Back
Top Bottom