• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Recommended cartridge for Dual 1226

can-man

Active Member
I know some cartridges have been noted for humm with Dual TT so what cartridge would you recommend for a Dual 1226. My 1225 uses a Shure V15 II but thinking about maybe a more modern cartridge.
 
Register to hide this ad
HI:thmbsp:

I can recommend an Audio Technica AT-95E, they are a good cartridge and won't break the bank either. I have these fitted to every turntable I own and swear by them!:yes:
 
depends on your pricepoint, Im sure that the highest number of suggestions would be shure m97xe, under a $100. I think I would lean into ortofon om series starting at under $100 and heading up. Beauty is, that they are easily upgradeable by switching styli
 
Maybe a Denon DL-110 or DL-160. I haven't heard one, but I want to try one. I've heard a lot of good things about them.

I also hear a lot of good things about the Jico SAS stylus. I don't think you could go wrong with putting one of those on your V15.
 
Back
Top Bottom