• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Can someone identify this TT from the picture

nbarber

AK Subscriber
Subscriber
Can anyone positively ID this TT. It looks like a Denon DP series but with a straight arm but I would like to know the exact brand/model.

Thx
 

Attachments

  • What is this.jpg
    What is this.jpg
    22.4 KB · Views: 221
Register to hide this ad
It is a mid-higher end Denon integrated, not a DP-55K. I'd go with a DP-62L.
Parties are why there are CD changers to play crap-sounding party records, you could get a pizza into a carousel changer.
 

Attachments

  • What is this.jpg
    What is this.jpg
    26.9 KB · Views: 70
That was a movie prop, as noted, in the house party scene of 16 Candles.


I am bugging now, trying to remember what the stereo gear was in the early Tom Cruise (and Rebecca DeMornay- hubba hubba!) flick Risky Business.


Poor Joel, scolded for touching the EQ settings on papa's hifi!




I'm thinking it was SAE....
 
It's a Denon DP62L. And he should be horsewhipped for how he's treated this nice turntable. :yes::yes:
Yup. I copied the image and messed with it in Photoshop and that's what it looked like to me. Seen a few TT's treated like that at parties back in the day. No CDs to be seen and cassettes were few and far between as well.
 
Back
Top Bottom