• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Can you identify these??

sansuigold99

Active Member
These are listed locally, owner says there is no brand or model number, guesses they are a kit from the '80's. 27" tall, 19" wide, 14" deep. He wants $100 for them ... What sayest thou?
And thanks!
 

Attachments

  • speaker.jpg
    speaker.jpg
    27.5 KB · Views: 166
Register to hide this ad
That phenolic ring tweeter was used by Altec. I have the same one in my Altec/Lansing One series 2 speakers. I would by them.
 
That phenolic ring tweeter was used by Altec. I have the same one in my Altec/Lansing One series 2 speakers. I would by them.

So that is a tweeter...is the smaller black one a super tweeter? They are interesting. I'm thinking of giving them a listen tomorrow. It looks like they could put out some loudness.
 
Sort of look like Sonics, I have seen with 1/2" particle board sides and back with screw terminals and rca connectors.
 
Those sure look like the cut rate speakers they used to sell in Stereo Review Magazine back in the 1980's They everything a college student wanted cheap and loud.
 
They look similar to a pair of Acoustics speakers I picked up. Didn't sound too bad for what they were but nothing fantastic. I couldn't find any info on them.
 
70's era Marantz?

Not any Marantz I've seen, though the box finish does resemble the US-made Imperials.

-------------------------------------------

That phenolic-ring tweeter is better than it has any right to be, and was used by just about everyone making conventional-ish speakers in the 70s, with the possible exception of JBL (obviously companies making electrostats or planars don't count here).

Speaker cone color looks like old Pioneers or their Sonic el-cheapo brand.
 
Back
Top Bottom