• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Capehart 114N2 6L6 Amp Pics+Restoration

my general aversion to using a variac long term is specifically because its adjustable. I'd rather fix it internally so it can just be plugged into the wall with no fuss and no worry about the knob being bumped by accident. That and it hogs up a piece of equipment that is more useful elsewhere.
 
Yeah, my variac is part of a bench test setup, so I can't really use it for running amplifiers. And I prefer monoblocks, so I would need two variacs. I'd also rather be able to sell gear and have it work with modern line voltages for the new buyer.
 
Back
Top Bottom