• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Capehart

Register to hide this ad
That is one nice capehart, I wish the ones I had where in the same condition. I would imagine this one will sell for a lot more then advertised. Being complete, in that condition and restored....You don't see ones like this much!
 
Ah, a pre-war Capehart with the famous flipper-changer. Those things were absolutely gorgeous. I've seen one in person and the veneer work is simply incredible. There are videos of those changers in action on youtube. Its really cool to watch.

As for the tonearm, consider that in 1937 a lot of acoustic players were still in action, so in a relative way, it probably is fairly gentle.
 
It has the Capehart True Tangent Tonearm, keeps the tracking error at
zero accross the record, much like the later BJ arm of the 50's and the even later Garrard Zero 100.
 
Back
Top Bottom