• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Cartridge for PL-12D?

h3ll0

Active Member
What is a good cartridge for a pioneer pl-12d under $100?

I was thinking of getting a grado black is this a good match?

My equipment is
Pioneer PL-12D turntable
Sansui AU 317 amp
Paradigm 5SE Mk III or EPI M50 speakers
 
Register to hide this ad
The AT-95e (eliptical) has always been a popular budget cart for medium mass arms. There are stylus upgrade options too.
 
I have a Pioneer PL-12D, I have a few cartridges including the Audio Technica AT95E but I very much prefer the shure M97xE on that turntable. I use it with an Otrofon HS-4 head shell and the Vertical Tracking Angle is very close to perfect with the stock platter mat or my 2mm cork mat. That is important because the Pioneer 12D has no VTA adjustment.
 
Last edited:
Find an old Shure M44 or M55 cart body and buy a JICO N55 stylus for it. Used his cart when I had a PL 12D. Nice combo!
 
Back
Top Bottom