• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

CD Player vs CD/DVD Player

OPPO hasn't made players for a number of years, and that listing is for a new player, so... A better idea of value on OPPOs is sold prices on e-bay.

Agree with sentiments on OPPO players. My OPPO BDP-103 plays everything I need, and they are very reasonably priced for a good used one. It's even easy to convert one to a region free player so you are not limited to disks from your region. :thumbsup:
The listings I found there for sold OPPO UDP-203 were anywhere between just over $1000 to $2400 for a used or a new in box unit. Still too much for me. But I don't doubt that they are good units.
 
OPPO hasn't made players for a number of years, and that listing is for a new player, so... A better idea of value on OPPOs is sold prices on e-bay.

Agree with sentiments on OPPO players. My OPPO BDP-103 plays everything I need, and they are very reasonably priced for a good used one. It's even easy to convert one to a region free player so you are not limited to disks from your region. :thumbsup:

Have you played any SACD through it and if so what did you think?

I've been toying with the idea of trying SACD and this seems like a reasonably priced solution.
 
Have you played any SACD through it and if so what did you think?

I've been toying with the idea of trying SACD and this seems like a reasonably priced solution.
I have, but I mostly use a Sony SCD-XA9000ES for CD/SACD in my main system, which I got before the OPPO. I really bought the OPPO for Bluray audio and DVD-A. However, if I had to keep one player, it'd be the OPPO since it plays everything and I have not noticed any sonic differences with the Sony.
 
OPPO UDP-203 Ultra HD Blu-ray Disc Player I'm sorry. I just can't fathom this price for a cd/dvd/blu-ray player. I love my physical media but that price just seems crazy to me.
You have to be patient and keep your eyes open for deals. I have picked up three OPPO players through AK's BarterTown (BDP-83, BDP-93 and BDP-105), not all at the same time mind you. I found the BDP-83 first, and when an upgrade presented itself (BDP-93), I snagged it and sold the BDP-83 on AK. Did the same again when a BDP-105 popped up for sale on AK. I'm hoping a BDP-205 pops up next!
 
Last edited:
I have, but I mostly use a Sony SCD-XA9000ES for CD/SACD in my main system, which I got before the OPPO. I really bought the OPPO for Bluray audio and DVD-A. However, if I had to keep one player, it'd be the OPPO since it plays everything and I have not noticed any sonic differences with the Sony.

Great info. Thanks.
 
OPPO UDP-203 Ultra HD Blu-ray Disc Player I'm sorry. I just can't fathom this price for a cd/dvd/blu-ray player. I love my physical media but that price just seems crazy to me.
That's just some nut job listing it at that price. They're no longer being manufactured so they're being listed (not necessarily SELLING) for ludicrous prices.

When that was new towards the end of the 2010s it was only about $500 at retail.
 
You can find some interesting parts in DVD players. I picked up an aiwa xd-ax1 for $20 all-in a couple of week ago (and then found the manual for $10 and the remote for $20. Decided to be a completist in case I want to sell the machine). Plays well, and its Texas Instruments / former Burr-Brown stereo DAC (as opposed to its multichannel DAC) and output stage sounds very nice. To my ears, comparable to my Modi 5.
 
That's just some nut job listing it at that price. They're no longer being manufactured so they're being listed (not necessarily SELLING) for ludicrous prices.

When that was new towards the end of the 2010s it was only about $500 at retail.
Yeah, I just noticed it was only showing 1 in stock. The ebay prices were still high but a grand less at the highest point.
 
Back
Top Bottom