• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Centrex by pioneer speakers

RaymondLeggs

Super Member
Banned
I was at the local thrift agin and I saw a pair of large Centrex by pioneer speakers and I wanted to klow if they were any good... they were heavy and they seemed pretty solid.
 
Register to hide this ad
I had some. They were pretty awful. An eight-inch woofer and a 1-inch tweeter with the grill "foam" haphazardly glued all over the front; even dripped all over the woofer!

I sent them down the pipeline.


Matt
 
I had some. They were pretty awful. An eight-inch woofer and a 1-inch tweeter with the grill "foam" haphazardly glued all over the front; even dripped all over the woofer!

I sent them down the pipeline.


Matt

:eek: :eek: :eek:

These don't have a foam grille but a cloth gille that is formed/gleed in place didnt inspect to see how may drivers there were I wont be getting them.. I guess I'll be looking elsewhere for large speakers... :yes:
 
panasonic thrusters :thmbsp:


raymondleeleggs (4 months ago)

I have a soundesign stereo with turntable with One Way Floorstanding speakers that contain only a "5" fullrange driver.but theyre good at waht they do! making clean clear and somewhat bassy sound for speakers their size (I love old stereo's)and vintage sperakers I wish I had a Pair of Panasonic thrusters,or a pair of nice old 3-way speakers.

It's a comment he made on youtube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ooT6kIz9xU

You were right on the money 2325fan :)
 
I was at the local thrift agin and I saw a pair of large Centrex by pioneer speakers and I wanted to klow if they were any good... they were heavy and they seemed pretty solid.

Centrex was Pioneer's "budget" brand, designed for low-price retailers like K-Mart, Sears, etc. I've heard them and thought they were awful, but I guess if you wanted something expendable for a garage, sunroom or other speaker-destroying environment you might find a use for them.
 
I just googled 'panasonic thrusters' too, I've never seen them before but they break one of the 'golden rules of buying speakers';
1. Never buy speakers that have wires already attached.
2. Never buy speakers with cone tweeters.
3. Never buy speakers with silver mylar dustcaps or plastic trim-rings.
4. Never buy speakers with non-removable grilles.
5. Never buy heavily discounted speakers from a white van.
 
i figured as much!!

raymondleeleggs (4 months ago)

I have a soundesign stereo with turntable with One Way Floorstanding speakers that contain only a "5" fullrange driver.but theyre good at waht they do! making clean clear and somewhat bassy sound for speakers their size (I love old stereo's)and vintage sperakers I wish I had a Pair of Panasonic thrusters,or a pair of nice old 3-way speakers.

It's a comment he made on youtube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ooT6kIz9xU

You were right on the money 2325fan :)

i also saw that too on you tube!! :lmao::lmao::lmao:
 
on you tube he states hes 19, an in here says hes 18 im really thinking bout this who ever he is?? the name has five letters in it,
 
What?

Hey,
If not Centrex, or Sounddesign, how about Yorxx?, Yeah, that's the ticket,
I invented Yorxx, yeah, a speaker whiz-kid, Yeah.......To much turkey......
Yeah, I invented turkey,..........................:thmbsp:
 
Back
Top Bottom