• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Centrex by pioneer speakers

I think your golden rules are missing: "Never buy any speaker with an RCA connection on the back." And about the mylar dustcaps and plastic trims, I have a pair of Pioneer Classique CS-603(?)s that utilize both shiny silver dustcaps and plastic trim and I really like their sound. They have a ribbon tweeter as well. I don't think I'd put them in the garbage category very quickly. Maybe that's just me.
 
The reason why I put my age as 19 on youtube is because then I joined I was 17 and I had to wait until I was 18 to see certain videos, So I decided to remove that acccount and make another one that said I was 18 this was a few days before my birth day so youtube changed it automaticly when the my birthday arrived.
 
Im all about that music playing in the background:music:

WTF is this kid thinking :scratch2:

I don't know what i was thinking and you guys actually think that the BPC is my main setup? The Soundesign stuff is mostly a retro novelty item that can sound pretty good when setup the right way with decent 96Db speakers..

I will say of course it isnt as good as my my kenwood and superscope in my "real" stereo gear setup.. but I wouldn't write them completely off, It sure beats a Bose acoustimass system. If I ever buy one of those Vinyldavid should shoot me or worse Toze! :eek: :D :lmao:
 
I had a pair of Centrex speakers from a yard sale for 5 bucks. They were a three-way with a 12" woofer, and cone mid and tweet.

The drivers were really cheap quality, but the enclosures were stiff and heavy MDF with wood vinyl covering.

I swapped out the crossover caps with Solens, and swapped them with a co-worker for a nice sleeping bag.

He has a pair of JBL L26 Decades. He compared both, and said the JBL sounded way more refined.
But he also said the Centrex's didn't sound that bad for junk.....
He move into a smaller place, and sold them to the ex-room mate for 10 bucks.
 
I don't know what i was thinking and you guys actually think that the BPC is my main setup? The Soundesign stuff is mostly a retro novelty item that can sound pretty good when setup the right way with decent 96Db speakers..

I will say of course it isnt as good as my my kenwood and superscope in my "real" stereo gear setup.. but I wouldn't write them completely off, It sure beats a Bose acoustimass system. If I ever buy one of those Vinyldavid should shoot me or worse Toze! :eek: :D :lmao:


Buy what you can, keep what you enjoy. Sometimes the best you can afford are the best you can get. Either way, enjoy what you have.
 
but I wouldn't write them completely off, It sure beats a Bose acoustimass system. If I ever buy one of those Vinyldavid should shoot me or worse Toze! :eek: :D :lmao:

Nah, my Dad's Acoustimass system that he had until he got decent stuff blew the doors off of my Centrex.....
 
Back
Top Bottom