Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html
Hey fellas! Do any of the Cerwin Vega experts know if the D5 and D7 used the same woofer, mid, tweeter? What are the differences between the D5 and the D7? Thanks in advance!
I've owned D-3 and D-8-E and both used the same tweeter which I'm pretty sure was the same horn loaded bullet tweeter used in all D- series speakers. Not positive about the mids, but I'm pretty sure they're the same, too. I still have tweeters and mids from both models boxed up. I'll try to dig them out and check but someone will likely come along with a definitive answer before I get around to that. Lol
Appreciate! I see a single D5 for sale and am just wanting to make sure those parts would be good backup replacements for some D7s. I am assuming everyone thinks the D7 would be a better speaker than the D5.
Hey fellas! Do any of the Cerwin Vega experts know if the D5 and D7 used the same woofer, mid, tweeter? What are the differences between the D5 and the D7? Thanks in advance!
Is that the 121-4, or the L121-4? They are 2 different woofers, although both use the 1.5" voice coil, they sound very different. I ask because my brother bought a pair of D5 that had Radio Shack woofers. I put in a set of 121-4 that were reconed by someone with aftermarket cones (that were supposed to be the right ones), but they sounded like crap. I put 122W2 woofers in that I rebuilt and now they sound absolutely awesome (by comparison). They now compare well with his Klipsch KG4, but, of course, not quite "as good".
I found these D5s for sale! Have apparently been reconed. I know nothing about reconing. Will they sound like original? Good as new if reconed properly?
Thanks lots for help!
I found these D5s for sale! Have apparently been reconed. I know nothing about reconing. Will they sound like original? Good as new if reconed properly?
Thanks lots for help!
Those are not Cerwin Vega woofers in there. That's why they look different. The CV woofers will have an aluminum frame, not stamped steel. Somebody probably just bought some woofers instead of having the original, correct ones repaired.
Those are not Cerwin Vega woofers in there. That's why they look different. The CV woofers will have an aluminum frame, not stamped steel. Somebody probably just bought some woofers instead of having the original, correct ones repaired.
Anybody heard of LSH-SA2010? Called Cerwin and they say it is C5G tweeter out of D series? Why different names then? Can't find any info on LSH-SA2010.
That information is not correct. In an earlier post on this thread there is a cerwin Vega spec sheet click on it and and enlarge to see that the D5 uses a 2 inch voice coil on a 12 inch woofer.
I've re-foamed 6 sets of Cerwin Vega D5s over the last three years. The woofer voice coils were all 1.5". Check the Simply Speakers re-cone kits for the L121-4 woofers. Shows 1.5" VC in the specs. Link above wouldn't be the first spec sheet that had a type-o. Here's another spec sheet.