• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Cerwin Vega Foam Surrounds

ahk26

Active Member
What is the best source for foam surrounds for Cerwin Vega? I recently picked up some AT-15's and need to replace the surrounds.

Thanks in advance.
 
Register to hide this ad
Does he just supply CV?

..

Nope, he does all kinds. I just got an Infinity SSW10 sub kit from him and I'm ordering an Epicure Model 11 kit today along with a CV AT15 kit for a buddy.

He uses a tone CD to align the voice coil. I found that super simple to use even as a complete novice.
 
Order placed with Rick. What is the best thing to use to clean the glue off of the frame? Will rubbing alcohol work or is there something better?
 
Acetone or denatured alcohol. But first use a screw driver or putty knife to clean as much of the old glue as possible. But use industrial rubber gloves. Latex gloves will melt away.
 
Another question, I have done some research on the web regarding re-foaming and it looks like some people install the new surrounds to the cone first and after it dries then attach it to the frame and others do it just the opposite and attach to the frame first? What is the best way for good alignment (besides using shim's)?
 
Another question, I have done some research on the web regarding re-foaming and it looks like some people install the new surrounds to the cone first and after it dries then attach it to the frame and others do it just the opposite and attach to the frame first? What is the best way for good alignment (besides using shim's)?

I followed Rick's instructions which called for gluing to the cone first. That dries, then you use the tone CD he supplies to align things as you press the lip onto the frame (which you glue just before).
If you just follow the steps you'll be fine.
 
Back
Top Bottom