• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Changing it Up! Part Deux

Thank you, Oscar. Jazz sounds incredible on these. Ahmad Jamal's piano is so dynamic and alive. The old cliche "like listening to your collection for the first time" really applies here.

You're welcome, Art.

And hearing your music collection anew, is always a great sign.

Enjoy her ( it's always a her, have you noticed that? ).

:yes:_oh
 
You're welcome, Art.

And hearing your music collection anew, is always a great sign.

Enjoy her ( it's always a her, have you noticed that? ).

:yes:_oh

Wish you were here, Oscar. You would dig what that lil ole Campion is doing to these great big speakers (OK so they are little floorstanders).
 
Wish you were here, Oscar. You would dig what that lil ole Campion is doing to these great big speakers (OK so they are little floorstanders).

Art,

I wish I'd be there as well, as I'm certain they're both showing one another the greatest respect - as it is after all a quality that I've come to expect from the British after all - if nothing else they're polite.

Once again, I'm happy that you're happy.

:yes:_oh
 
I'll refrain from commenting or asking questions until you've had some honeymoon time.

Broken in at about 100 hours but continued to have smaller changes until 200 hours, then opened up, bass released, deeper, more relaxed/easily sustained.

I got the timbre reproduction right from the beginning but it's more subtle now, better, with nuances coming through on some albums I hadn't noticed before.

I've got them about 9 feet apart, slightly towed in and my listening chair about 11 feet back. I've been edging them outward to see if the equilateral golden ratio works in my room. They keep throwing a big open soundstage with effects outside of the boundaries of left and right.

I can listen to them a lower volumes and still be very pleased with the balance, detail and timbre. I've added a small 8" auto EQ Velodyne sub for Rock but I find it integrates well just underpinning frequencies below 40 Hz. I don't use it much for my well recorded jazz albums.

With the A6r going a half octave below mine under normal circumstances I would guess the sub would never come into play.



I would love to know how much of 'break in' is your own ears 'breaking in' to the different sound of the new speakers, Conceiving of a way to do that would be very complex, and difficult, which is probably why no-one has yet, but it would entail someone swapping out brand new speakers every xx hours without letting the listener know,

I too am excited to hear your long term opinions of the speakers, 'after the honeymoon' as it were.

Congrats! those are not too far from what you wanted, they just have their own stands built in.:music:


jaz
 
More changes coming. These changes will be smaller but should improve the setup. No new amp for quite sometime so no changes that significant.
 
In the schizoid world that is my relationship with vinyl my next change is in the form of a cartridge. I made the first step tonight by selling my Dyn 10x5. I enjoy the sound but prefer he output and synergy between the Ortofon 2M Blue and the phono stage in my Sonneteer amp. Next stop, the Ortofon 2M Black.
 
Glad you are enjoying the Spendors, Art! I'll be interested to hear what you think of the 2M Black. I think next year I might start playing around with different carts for my P25.
 
Good call. But shes not for every one. If your albums are dirty you will need to wash them. Make sure she is set up perfect and give her TLC....if not she wont let any of the pops go unnoticed. If you do her righteous, you will find a great emotional connection with your music.
 
My albums are dirty and will remain so. I don't have an RCM and am OK with that for now. Setup is extraordinarily simple with the Well Tempered deck and nearly every cartridge sounds at nearly it's ideal with a WTL deck.
 
The 2M Black has a Nude Elliptical....much more of a tracker than your previous 2M Carts. Probably a great match for your nice table. Because its more of a tracker...it digs really deep into those grooves pulling up everything musical, and not muiscal...so its a dirt/dust collector which will hide detail making music un-enjoyable. You have the potential to really shorten the life of that cart much quicker...and put undue damage to the vinyl goove walls after a while. Might be a great time to break out that Spin Clean if you aint sold it.
 
They aren't moldy old beaters, Byron, nor are they valuable collectors items. They are just records. I'm not that interested in spending valuable time cleaning records. Got other things to do. When and if I get a decent RCM I'll consider spending some time cleaning...I used to have an NG which I liked. Perhaps selling the table wasn't such a bad idea...:scratch2:
 
This is a little bit shopping trip and a little bit fantasy and as much for everyone's entertainment as anything else.

Once again, my apologies to those who contributed earnestly in the first thread and also my heartfelt thank you.

Art

From the original post of this thread. This is still true...just a fun shopping trip and a thread to chronicle changes.

Also for those who know me, you know that I have about 3500 titles on CD and a little over a hundred on vinyl. So vinyl is a distant second in my music library. I continue to buy new CD's monthly and will as long as they are available.

Sure would love to hear that new LM CD player. Hmm..
 
Ummhmm

2013451635208926.jpg
 
Back
Top Bottom