• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Cleveland Area Minifest?

860, you get up here, you'll want for nothing else no problem and for real.

Some good news! I MIGHT have the AR9s pumping in time, thanks to spkrman57!

Just gotta get down to his place and get the drivers.

I'd still like to hear other speakers though, bring'em on down!

Pete
 
860, you get up here, you'll want for nothing else no problem and for real.

Some good news! I MIGHT have the AR9s pumping in time, thanks to spkrman57!

Just gotta get down to his place and get the drivers.

I'd still like to hear other speakers though, bring'em on down!

Pete

I appreciate the offer, Pete. I'll give it serious consideration.

BTW, you're going to LOVE the 9s! Got a link to yours?
 
Pete, your suggested times makes sense to me.

I will bring as many items as I can, including a set (or more) speakers. Since I don't think I've used the Paragon preamp since your place, I will dig that out of storage (been meaning to do that anyway) and bring it.
 
Excellent, excellent, that pre was a great one.

860, this is pair #2 :D

Wait, that's :D :D

The first pair are long gone, this pair had issues, I should take a pic just to show how badly you can kabuki up decent speakers in desperation :eek:

Pete
 
Hey, Pete,
Could you let me know if and when you are going to Ron's? I may need a Pony Express run from Columbus.

Thanks,
 
thanks for the invite:yes:

Damn - I'll be in Nebraska hunting Bambi on the 14th:tears:

I would really have liked to make this shindig - sounds like it would be a really good time!
 
Sorry you can't make it, but hunting in Nebraska sounds pretty darn good!

For those you don't know, I'm off St Rt 8 between I-80 (the turnpike) and I-271, close to everything, easy to get to, there is no other excuse acceptable :D

Pete
 
Thank you for the invite! I'm new to this area though, so between hunting for a job and a new band, I'm not sure how things will be for a while...but I will try my best to fit this in, it sounds like a fun time! Can you give some more details of what goes on? and what people usually bring?
 
As long as you're young, handsome and supremely hip you'll fit right in :lmao:

Seriously, it's just a bunch of guys who share an interest in audio, all ages and all walks of life.

Some will bring various equipment, some will bring food, most will bring tunes, some will bring beer, some will bring all of it :)

And some may not be able to bring anything. It's all good and no problem: it won't even be noticed.

So we sit around, listen to the equipment and talk about it, eat the food, drink the beer, play various music and BS for the most part. Audio is a fairly niche hobby, so how often can we talk about it with boring the other person to death lol. And it's nice to meet some of the folks who we've spoken to online.

I think I speak for everyone too that if someone brought an instrument we'd be very happy about it too, although it's certainly not required. At least one other musician will be there.

Being an all day thing it's hard to beg off completely :)

Pete
 
Hey everybody!

I've been thinking about another Minifest hopefully before the end of the year, I'd like to keep it an annual thing. Our last ones were great!

Maybe earlier November. All (this means you!) would be invited. Anyone interested?

Pete


Would love to attend and meet you folks. Sounds like a great time.
 
Hey thanks for the invite, I will try to make it but due to my disability I would have to bring another audiobud with me. Let me know if you want me to bring any gear collecting dust to try (Aragon 4004MKII amp, Lexicon RT10 SACD, Musical Surroundings Phonomena phono stage Kimber,Audioquest cables and some others).
I will let you know when another "Ears and Beers" happens aswell!
 
As long as you're young, handsome and supremely hip you'll fit right in :lmao:

Seriously, it's just a bunch of guys who share an interest in audio, all ages and all walks of life.

Some will bring various equipment, some will bring food, most will bring tunes, some will bring beer, some will bring all of it :)

And some may not be able to bring anything. It's all good and no problem: it won't even be noticed.

So we sit around, listen to the equipment and talk about it, eat the food, drink the beer, play various music and BS for the most part. Audio is a fairly niche hobby, so how often can we talk about it with boring the other person to death lol. And it's nice to meet some of the folks who we've spoken to online.

I think I speak for everyone too that if someone brought an instrument we'd be very happy about it too, although it's certainly not required. At least one other musician will be there.

Being an all day thing it's hard to beg off completely :)

Pete

Cool I will bring my Triangle:music:
 
Is there a charge to attend? I have a pair of those infamous Rat Shack LX-5's with Linaeum tweeters I can bring if anyone wants to demo them. Will there be vinyl? Does anyone else attending own a 1200 besides me? I'd love to hear some different cartridges... Could be a fun thing to compare since it's easy to just swap the shell and change the tracking settings without realignment.
 
Thanks for the invite man. I'll try to make it. I don't have anything to offer equipment-wise (broke twenty year-old here), but I have a DSD Disc of some Alt. Rock if anyone has a player that'll accept 'em. Haha, to be honest right now I'm a little intimidated. I've been into this stuff since I was twelve but I get the impression that you guys are about to blow me away in terms of knowledge. :ntwrthy:

But it'll be nice to talk to someone who actually gives a damn about this stuff, and also to hear a real system. I grew up around Bose speakers and maxed out treble. :puke:
 
I'll see what Andy's doin, maybe we can make it as well.. :)

Always a good time Pete..
 
Back
Top Bottom