• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Cleveland Area Minifest?

Barring unforseen circumstances, I'll be there with bells on my toes!!!

I hope to have a small 2-way JBL 15" and compression driver/horn speaker system to bring to demo!!!

Regards, Ron
 
If you're looking for speakers Pete, I have an old pr of Pioneer CS-A31's that I could drop off for a while. 16ohm 40 watt from the 60's. 26"Tall x 15 1/4"wide x 11 3/4" deep. Here's what they look like....http://www.audiokarma.org/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=3249
Let me know.

I appreciate the offer, but it looks like I'll have the AR9s going! Happy is an understatement :D

Would love to attend and meet you folks. Sounds like a great time.

Glad you can make it! Towards the 14th I will pm all stated attendees with directions.


Hey thanks for the invite, I will try to make it but due to my disability I would have to bring another audiobud with me. Let me know if you want me to bring any gear collecting dust to try (Aragon 4004MKII amp, Lexicon RT10 SACD, Musical Surroundings Phonomena phono stage Kimber,Audioquest cables and some others).
I will let you know when another "Ears and Beers" happens aswell!

Anything you want to bring, and I WILL make the next E&B.

Cool I will bring my Triangle:music:

Lol. I'll fire up the kazoo!

Is there a charge to attend? I have a pair of those infamous Rat Shack LX-5's with Linaeum tweeters I can bring if anyone wants to demo them. Will there be vinyl? Does anyone else attending own a 1200 besides me? I'd love to hear some different cartridges... Could be a fun thing to compare since it's easy to just swap the shell and change the tracking settings without realignment.

For you, the charge will be one blower for a 4.6L :)

Plus free installation :D

Yes vinyl. :yes: No cds. Just kidding. I'd like to hear the Rat Shackers, as far as the 1200 perhaps someone else will bring theirs or their headshells, they'll chime in I'm sure, you are welcome to bring it regardless.

Thanks for the invite man. I'll try to make it. I don't have anything to offer equipment-wise (broke twenty year-old here), but I have a DSD Disc of some Alt. Rock if anyone has a player that'll accept 'em. Haha, to be honest right now I'm a little intimidated. I've been into this stuff since I was twelve but I get the impression that you guys are about to blow me away in terms of knowledge. :ntwrthy:

But it'll be nice to talk to someone who actually gives a damn about this stuff, and also to hear a real system. I grew up around Bose speakers and maxed out treble. :puke:

No worries mate. I dunno about a 'real' system :) Although some of the stuff these guys'll bring is amazing.

That would be two more than Pete has:banana:

If I can find a way, I will try to get there also.

Oh hell no - there goes the neighborhood! Pittburghians. :scratch2:

:) It'd be good to see you again.

I'll see what Andy's doin, maybe we can make it as well.. :)

Always a good time Pete..

I haven't even had he chance to PM you guys and there's a chance. Hope you guys can make it, it was great last year! Even my non-audio bud still talks about your homebrew amp.

Barring unforseen circumstances, I'll be there with bells on my toes!!!

I hope to have a small 2-way JBL 15" and compression driver/horn speaker system to bring to demo!!!

Regards, Ron

We'll take the speakers, but anyone who shows up with bells on their toes is going to Lakewood :eek:

Small by Ron's standards means smaller than a refrigerator!:thmbsp:

I can hear him: 'Dude, they're not really BIG, besides you need the efficiency if you use .00008 wpc amps' :D

Pete
 
OK, you made me change my information.

Haven't lived in Pittsburgh for three years now:no:

But I believe I preferred it to where I'm at now:tears:
 
Sounds like fun, I'll have to see what's on the docket, but how could I pass this by again.... :D
And of course, our most gracious host, Pete

attachment.php
 
For you, the charge will be one blower for a 4.6L :)

Plus free installation :D

Pete

If you buy it, I'll be glad to help with installation. My Dad actually has a Kenne Bell on his 4.6L so I'm familiar with them.

I guess I needed to change that comment at the bottom. Ther SRT is gone now too. I sold it and bought a 10sec AWD DSM.
 
Last edited:
Barring unforseen circumstances, I'll be there with bells on my toes!!!

I hope to have a small 2-way JBL 15" and compression driver/horn speaker system to bring to demo!!!

Regards, Ron

hope you got room for me Ron, hell im smaller than those speakers:D
anyway thanks for the invite Pete i will try my best to make it. Ron have mention your name a few time, and i see Kegger and some of the MASTERS are in the house.
 
Pete,
Thanks for the invite would love to meet some other locals with a love of music and equipment. I am buying a house with GF and we are not sure of closing date and such yet which is around that time and I have a ton of work to do on it before move in. I have already been getting the WAF looks from her since earlier this year and have a small arsenal of "equipment to be repaired" but the new house has a new basement ready to be converted into a mancave! She cringes when I go on CL.

Oh and when we went for inspection the other day pulled one of the MCS speakers out of box I found in attic will attach to the other thread I replied to with that. That was "Karma" so to speak to buy this house I think!

Bill

PS and is Ron bringing a pair of JBL 4320's? His description sounded like it.
 
I have some DIY fullrangers that I built with 12" Audio Nirvana's that I could bring. They're still bare wood and show signs of poor carpentry, but they still sound good if anyones interested.

Also a DIY Triska sub or a Dynakit ST-35.
 
Sounds like fun, I'll have to see what's on the docket, but how could I pass this by again.... :D

I'm speechless. This year, bag over head is in order. :eek:

:lmao: I'm gonna kill.

To all the various possible equipment bringers: I say, bring it. But it looks like quite a few folks are showing up and there is only room for one rig at a time (unless someone can break out the two tracks of dueling banjos, for dueling stereos, that would rock).

I'm certainly NOT discouraging bringing equipment, heck I want to hear it all :D Much will be swapped and played, just pointing out the possiblity of running out of time. I'd hate for folks to be disappointed.

It might get a little crowded too. I don't care.

Ray, well if you're not from Steelerville I guess you can come :D Sorry to hear you're not using that amazing addition.

Blown, the blower has to wait till my next Panther, my current one isn't worth it. What's a DSM?

Tim, it sounds like you've been 'Ronned' :grin: A new word, as in, 'I've been ronned into picking up these 120 cubic foot monsters' lol. Looking forward to meeting you.

Mac, no, our favorite spkrman don't do much with factory built speakers. He uses various prosound drivers in generally prosound cabinets. Some good stuff. Hope you can make it, congrats on your find and good luck with your new home!

Shed, I say, bring it :D

And to everyone, if you've got seconds or etc I'll start a swapmeet thread, who knows whos looking for what :deal:

Pete
 
2-way teaser info:

JBL M252 15" pro sound midbass driver. Not as good as 2226, but costs less.

JBL 2418 compression driver on 2373-? variant horn.

Old 4 Pi crossover at 1.6khz.

300 watt capability and 96db/watt.

Approx 50hz to 16khz guestimated response.

Smallest cabinet to fit both drivers being used.

Regards, Ron
 
Blown, the blower has to wait till my next Panther, my current one isn't worth it. What's a DSM?


DSM stands for Diamond Star Motors, A joint venture between Mitsubishi and Chrysler.
The Eclipse, eagle talon, and plymouth Laser were all built under the DSM name, being virtually identical. They were amazing, and totally sleepers as far as their abilities for modding, especially the 4g63T engine, (2.0 DOHC, turbo).
With simple bolt ons, the 4g63 engine, especially the turbo models could turn some very impressive quarter mile times, and surprise the hell out of the local mustang-camaro crowd!
They also came with a 1.8 single cam engine, the 4g37. At less than 100 horsepower not sporty by any means, but reliable as hell, and easy to work on.
I had a 1G eclipse gs, (1990) with the 1.8. First year, with the pop-up headlights, and without the hood-bump! Drove it for 180,000 and sold it, and regretted the sale ever since.

Had plans on a full restoration, including a 4g63 (non turbo) transplant, but then got divorced and the project went out the window.

Now back to AudioKarma.

:D
 
Last edited:
If anyone is looking for anything in particular maybe they can post their wish list here.

I still need more room in my house!!!

Regards, Ron
 
Doh!

I guess I did not have my thinking hat on!!!

See what the powers that be have to say on this!!!

Ron sends....
 
OK, the swap scoop:

Because of various issues with sales threads in the past, all sales on AK are conducted on either the classifieds and a subscriber-only barter forum called 'barter town'.

Info on being a subscriber, and why it's worth it:

http://audiokarma.org/forums/showthread.php?t=124857&highlight=subscriber

It's $25 for a year and a heck a of a great thing. It does cost a fair amount to keep this site running.

So, you pays your money and you gets your thing :)

Once in, go to the barter town and look for the thread entitled: 'Swap room' for the Cleveland Minifest.

Support AK and clear out some stuff ;)

So THATS a DSM. My nephew used to hotrod those, what, 400 hp or thereabouts?

Pete
 
Back
Top Bottom