• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Cleveland Area Minifest?

Pete, thanks for the invite. I'd love to meet some more AK'ers. I've only met 3 or 4 around here (Erie, Pa). The problem is, I may not know for sure if I can attend until a few days before.
 
Id love to make it but used all my driving miles up for the year. Then again who knows..
 
So THATS a DSM. My nephew used to hotrod those, what, 400 hp or thereabouts?

Pete

My car made 386hp @23psi at all 4 wheels on a mustang dyno before I got ahold of it. By the time I'm done it will push 30-32psi and 425-450awhp. A mustang dyno is a load bearing dyno which simulates actual road conditions. Because of the load they return much lower results than the more popular dynojet dyno but they are much better for tuning a proper air fuel ratio and for comparisson between two cars of similar power. For instance my car made 386 on the mustang and would pull about 450 on a dynojet. Of course this is kinda like comparing bodyweight on earth and the moon lol. Anyway what was said above about dsm's is a very good description of the cars. Mine is a 91 talon, with the pop-up headlights and it's white with a black roof more commonly referred to as a panda. The car weighs 2800 and change with me in it and I'm a big guy. The awd helps you launch on street tires like a rwd would on slicks. So basically the reason why they are known as such sleepers is because when one pulls up next to you at a stoplight, it's virtually impossible to tell a 14s car from a 10s one unlike the ridiculously loud v8 on slicks that also runs 10s.
 
Hey! I'm in. I've been wanting to attend one of these shin-digs for awhile. I will post a list of goodies I would like to part with in BT. Sounds like you have all the speakers you need.
 
So basically the reason why they are known as such sleepers is because when one pulls up next to you at a stoplight, it's virtually impossible to tell a 14s car from a 10s one unlike the ridiculously loud v8 on slicks that also runs 10s.

You bet. It was not uncommon for owners of the gsx to have totally streetable cars, daily drivers even that could easily pull 12 second quarter mile times or better! And remember, this is off of a TWO-LITER 4 cylinder engine!

32 psi is some serious boost! I'd love to see you pull that off. PM me some pics when you get the project going!!:thmbsp:
 
Preview of the big meeting in Macedonia Nov 14th!!!

I'm hi-jacking Pete's thread here to just comment on the little get-together at my house yesterday. I don't do formal meets, but folks sometimes just stop by to talk audio.

(Piece it)Pete, Marvin, Greg, Dave and myself just happened to get together on a last minute meeting. Pete had drivers to pick up and the other local to Columbus gentlemen stopped over to see him.

Unlike my refined friends audio get-togethers, all I had was beer (Greg brought with him) and cheese sticks in individual plastic wrappers. LOL!!!!

I did however have the McIntosh 240 running on JBL 2225H and 2426J on 2370A horns in a JBL cabaret cabinet.

Sorry no pics of the guys, but here is pics of the gear.

Regards, Ron
 

Attachments

  • cabaret.jpg
    cabaret.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 21
  • mc240.jpg
    mc240.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 20
Disclaimer:

None of the gear in my previous post is coming up to Cleveland.

I just had to dig the MC-240 out to keep the caps charged up as I had Terry Go through it last summer and it sat without running all summer.

My regular amp is a 300B SET!

Regards, Ron
 
It is always a pleasure to visit the speakerman, particularly when he has:

THE DRIVERS I NEEDED FOR THE AR9s :banana:

The machines are a'runnin'! Thanks Ron!!

Carl, no problem, just let me know.

Pete
 
It is always a pleasure to visit the speakerman, particularly when he has:

THE DRIVERS I NEEDED FOR THE AR9s :banana:

The machines are a'runnin'! Thanks Ron!!

Carl, no problem, just let me know.

Pete

Glad they are fixed! Oh, boy, we are in for a treat!:music:
 
And I have been remiss - I wouldn't have the ARs at all without the good Doctor :thmbsp:

Btw, got a huge Peavey amp for you :)

Pete
 
I know that currently there are approx 4 - 5 audio nuts from the greater Columbus area coming on the 14th.

Regards, Ron

And there's at least two of us in Lorain.
Is it possible to organize this? Maybe we should start a list of who's going, and town they live in... at the very least it would save us all a little gas money.
 
I think to help Pete out in seeing how many people will be attending we will have to start a muster sheet or something like that.

Any ideas from anyone on how to get a good count for planning purposes???

Ron
 
I know that currently there are approx 4 - 5 audio nuts from the greater Columbus area coming on the 14th.

Regards, Ron

Hide the sheep!! :eek:

Lol.

I think to help Pete out in seeing how many people will be attending we will have to start a muster sheet or something like that.

Any ideas from anyone on how to get a good count for planning purposes???

Ron

Not a bad idea. Please PM me with 'I'm in' in the subject line . Let me know if you're coming for the day, planning on staying the night, etc.

I can also use that to answer with details and directions.

If you rsvp and don't show that's fine, no harm no foul, just looking for a rough idea so I have enough chairs :)

I'd like to mention food. It's November, I'm not bbqing or anything. However I live in a fairly densly populated area with plenty of choices, and will have snacks and something will be done (discreetly, fo'sho') for the financially challenged :thmbsp: We've all been there. Heck I'm not far removed now.

Feel free to bring a snack or something. I highly encourage it.

One place in particular, the place Spkrman57 always eats at when in Cleveland (and I hardily rec), is Babushkas Kitchen.

http://www.babushkafoods.com/our_menu.html

If you've got the green the Hunters Feast is a killer (my favorite), and many folks take perogies home. And their kolachky...

If that's no good we can take advantage of the turkeys that have been hanging around the backyard :)

Cook'em over a tube amp :D

If you'd like to stay in a hotel there are a number of them at St. Rt. 8 and Highland Rd, which is only a few minutes away.

I'll also have directions handy to a GREAT wine shop around the corner from me, which has a great selection of beer and unusual beers on tap, so you can have a good brew while picking a good brew.

This is a full service minifest :grin:

Looks like fun and sure wish I could be there! You guys have a great time :yes:

RC

You're welcome anytime, come on, you're not THAT far :)

Pete
 
As Pete said:

"One place in particular, the place Spkrman57 always eats at when in Cleveland (and I hardily rec), is Babushkas Kitchen."

If you like to eat heartily, and for little $$$ that is the place to get food from.

If we know in advance how much food we need to get we might be able to call them up and see about a "quantity" price.

I eat the food from there every time I visit Pete. We just get it to go!

Regards, Ron

PS: Pete, I noticed there are NO sheep around where you live!!! What did you guys do to them!!! LOL !!!
 
Talking to a bud last night, the flu came up and what a wonderful thing the party would be - for the flu :eek:

Being wise and well-crusted adults, there is certainly no need for panic. But it seems a good idea to clearly point out that if you feel sick on party day please beg out, as much as a bummer as that is.

Otherwise we'll be forced to quarantine you locked in the shed with Bose playing Brittany Spears on continuous loop. A fate worse than death. It should kill the germs too.

This message brought to you by the good folks at the CDC - Center for Diseased Cerebrums.

I'm receiving confirmations left and right :) This weekend I'll start posting lists of who I've heard from. And again, if you're even thinking of stopping by let me know, no shows are ok.

And in the finest tradition of Ken Kesey, the Cleveland AK minifest:

*Welcomes the Beatles!!* (yay!!)

Pete
 
Back
Top Bottom