• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Coffee. Anything coffee related.

Postum_Advertisement_1910.jpg

Of course, the only times that's ever been popular is when REAL coffee was impossible to get.
 
Speaking of "warming plates", I've had some coffee makers in the past that really went overboard with the heat.. If you didn't remove the carafe almost after it had finished the drip, the coffee would end up with that burnt taste. I'll bet others have run into this as well?

Q
Put 3 pennies underneath the carafe.
 
This is for the computer guys

Characters are represented by 7 or 8 bits.

for Coffee, you only need 4 bits each character.

translate binary 110000001111111111101110 to hexadecimal (g??gle can do it for you if you can not count yourself) and you see why.
 
I ditched the programmable drip contraption a year ago and bought an old Universal Coffeematic percolator off Ebay. The coffee is light years better. Unfortunately, the socket for the AC cord has a tendency to break off inside the base, and I haven't been able to figure out a permanent fix. So yesterday I ordered a modern Hamilton Beach percolator with a proper IEC connector. I'm not expecting the build quality to be as robust as the 1950s U.C., but it's all stainless steel inside and I'm hoping the coffee is good.
 
My daughter bought me this $6 poster at her middle school craft fair many moons ago. I wrapped it $90 worth of zebra wood and now it hangs in my music room.

IMG_5154.jpg

I used some coffee bags for some of my DIY sound absorbing panels as well.

IMG_5115.jpeg
 
I like my coffee strong ...

coffee-thick.jpg


Black coffee only here. No sugar, no cream, no flavorings, no peanut butter, yogurt, or assorted sauces. Especially no beans that came out of a cat's butt.

Maybe some chicory, and with some blends, a dash of salt ...

:rflmao:Good luck with that!
 
My wife decided to kick it up a notch and throw red on it. I'm cool with that and glad she's happy. After the ooh & ahh's she requested that I r un it through two "rinse" cycles then I let er rip. Done.
Kinda cool, looks like a lava lamp when brewing.
I shall give a mini review next week. Now to enjoy my first brew. :)
 

Attachments

  • IMG_20170131_091801.jpg
    IMG_20170131_091801.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_20170131_093618.jpg
    IMG_20170131_093618.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 25
I ditched the programmable drip contraption a year ago and bought an old Universal Coffeematic percolator off Ebay. The coffee is light years better. Unfortunately, the socket for the AC cord has a tendency to break off inside the base, and I haven't been able to figure out a permanent fix. So yesterday I ordered a modern Hamilton Beach percolator with a proper IEC connector. I'm not expecting the build quality to be as robust as the 1950s U.C., but it's all stainless steel inside and I'm hoping the coffee is good.
No worries, Mon ! There are many more Coffeematics available right now on the Bay, in the event that the Hamilton Beach model doesn`t make the grade.
 
Speaking of "warming plates", I've had some coffee makers in the past that really went overboard with the heat.. If you didn't remove the carafe almost after it had finished the drip, the coffee would end up with that burnt taste. I'll bet others have run into this as well?

Q

Forget the hot plate/warmer.

Best plan is to pour the coffee into a thermal carafe, preferably preheated a bit, as soon as it's done brewing/dripping.
 
Jelly Belly has a cappuccino-flavor jelly bean that has the best coffee flavor of any coffee-flavored thing I have ever tasted. Good thing for me they come in a jar of 49 different flavors at Costco, or I would finish the whole jar in a day.
 
No worries, Mon ! There are many more Coffeematics available right now on the Bay, in the event that the Hamilton Beach model doesn`t make the grade.

I wonder how many couples got them as wedding gifts and never used them. Both of my eBay UC percolators were like new.
 
I wonder how many couples got them as wedding gifts and never used them. Both of my eBay UC percolators were like new.
Same here....I got 2 of them off the Bay that were never used, still in the original wrapping, hang tags, the whole works....my Model 4582 (1956) had a price of $32.95, which was about a half a week`s take-home pay for the average working stiff in those days !
 
Back
Top Bottom