• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Connecting Turntable to Tascam US122 mk2

bar72

Active Member
Anyone help out with how I would connect turntable rca leads to the Tascam US122 mk ii usb soundcard line in? unsure what jacks the line in uses? thanks
 
Register to hide this ad
That unit does not have a phono input. You'd need to connect your turntable to a phono preamp first, then connect the line output of the phono preamp to the line input of the audio interface.
 
sorry i'm already through phono pre which is also rca outs. unsure about what connectors to use as I use decent interconnects from phono pre and am unclear what connectors I need to connect rca cable from phono pre to the Tascam?
 
I have the 144. It and your 122 need 1/4" plugs. If you have a spare pair of regular RCA interconnects, there are really cheap RCA to 1\4" adapters available at places like Parts Express. They also make cables that have RCA connectors on one end an 1/4" connectors on the other.
 
b72: If you'd like to use RCA to TS cables, the Cordial CFU-PCs are pretty good and nevertheless pretty inexpensive. The 1.5 metre variant (CFU-1.5-PC) should be roundabout 10 quid.

Greetings from Munich!

Manfred / lini
 
Back
Top Bottom