LFazio51
Active Member
Hopefully that's not a "lurk" waiting for me to fail Bert!! lol! I'm sure I'll continue to run into more unexpected problems. Not the best design to "cut your teeth" on!
Definitely notHopefully that's not a "lurk" waiting for me to fail Bert

Man it fits like a glove TOO!even the masters were happy to get a part number for the Molex header
Can't wait to get it installed so you guys can check it out!Hey, it's no wonder a couple of traces lifted when you see how cooked the board is....

This was the board from a CR-2020 I did not long ago....I guess I was lucky![]()

Lifted Pad Photo
Also, I have to share the dam pic of the trace I lifted while cleaning!! I'm so pissed over that - it's such a rookie mistake!! That's my last forey into being a "bull in a china shop" on this one!![]()
Oilmaster.....WOW! You really know how to make a guy feel lucky Avionic - and I mean that sincerely!![]()
You were !![]()
I'm still on the E.Cap board and one (and every AKer familiar) can only speculate what other obstacles will be encountered. I believe these units sound good but I'm not sure that they perform well enough to endure every difficulty they present when considering there are lots of good sounding receivers in this era. But as you indicated earlier, once I get to my Marantz 2265, LIFE WILL BE GOOD! ...if this unit doesn't become the reason I ditch the hobby first!! I just use scrap component lead clippings.I need to get some jumper wire.
Hereby an example of the TO-220 transistors (TR712/715) mounted on the chassis behind the VU meters.
