Hello team, trying to restore a basket case 1020 using jayfree boards. Can’t get out of protection. The following readings for your consideration:
+NB at J1 41.4vdc
-NB at J1 - 42.8vdc
+25 is 26.6 vdc
-25 is - 18.2 vdc
-13 is - 11.1 vdc
TB is 12.9 vdc (schematic 12.7)
MB is 13.0 vdc (schematic...
Hi folks
I'm new to vintage Yamaha equipment, other than my recapped NS-670 speakers, which I like very much. I'm currently driving them with Sansui AU-4900 and AU-555A amps, listening to a lot of 1950s-60s jazz, some 60s-80s rock and some classical orchestral, from vinyl and CD sources.
I...
I'm working on a yamaha CR-1020. this is the first one of these i've ever opened up. but I have restored many sansui, marantz and HK units.
i notice a light to medium buzz that increases with time from the phono input. another clue is the two small caps furthest to the right on the board, if i...
Hi all,
I feel kind of silly asking this but where comparing pictures the amp output assemblies and parts look identical. I have not been able to compare parts lists for these two and thought I would ask since a lot of parts are interchangeable on these.
I'm a big fan of my current CR-800, but I'm looking to upgrade. I'm looking at the CR-1020, since I know the 2020 is out of my price range right now. It has just about everything I want, but I have one question: can the Dolby FM adaptor switch be used like the regular adaptor switches found on...
Hello AK, once again I emerge from my lurking to ask some advice on my next audio purchase.
As some of you may remember, I purchased a pair of JBL 4410's in June of last year.
I have been powering them with an interim Pioneer SA-1060 I had laying around from an old system I built in high...
I want to know if I fabricate a jumper to connect the pre-amp to the power amp on the back of a CR2020 does it need to be shielded? I know I can use the switch, if I service it, as it is not dependable at the moment, I really just want to know about fabricating a jumper.
Hello Folks,
I have a beautiful CR-1020 that needs some attention.
It is in overall good working condition.
However, there is a couple of minor issues:
the lights are gone
some pots are scratchy and need a good cleaning
the wooden cabinet requires some love
I recently became addicted to...
Hey, so I recently acquired a CR-1020 thats relay won't engage for me. I have been checking voltages and so far the only voltage that is wrong is:
TR706
b:.6v
c: 18.1v
E:0v
And
TR702
B:19.9V
C:0V
E:20.2V
If I set my probe to diode test/continuity and probe the base of TR706, the collector of...
Hi all
I have just been given a cr-1040 free from a family friend who has owned this from new , no dust nothing has ever been replaced.
I turned it on, gets power the 3 uv meters light up the tuner lights across the top none of them go at all.
Have tried speaker ports with speakers making sure I...
First, here is the finished product:
Here is the unit the day I bought it. I got it off a guy from Facebook Marketplace for $100. It turned on but wouldn't play any sound. It was a bit grimey and had a few dents in it but it was in good condition otherwise.
Lots of grime...
A few...
Edit: Solved, see post #82. If your CR-1020 is stuck in protection, and the FM tuner dial is stuck to the left of center, check TR712 and TR715 on your Power Supply board!
I just recapped my CR-1020 (electrolytic board, power supply / protection board, main amp boards) and now my DBT burns...
Opinions needed on the value of this lot of gear. Feel free to say optimal sale price, fair value, deal value etc.
Yamaha CR-1020 -- excellent cosmetic / functional condition. Has original boxes, plastic wrap, manuals (user manual, some service receipts... even 70's era imagery, blast from the...
I recently aquired a CR-1020. There is a sticker on the back that says if you are running both pairs of speakers, at the same time, none should be under 8ohm.
I have a pair 8ohm 16ohm speakers that I would like to run at the same time (45 and 30 watt rated respectively). Is this going to...
hey all,
Wondered on opinions around this. I realize the Kenwood has a ton more power, about twice, but wondered how they compare, outside of power considerations? Thanks!
Good afternoon all and Happy Holidays! Hard to believe 2017 is almost over (sorry for the overused cliche')!
I recently acquired a CR1020 with the intent of restoration. I'm short on experience (other than over a year of research prior to engaging) but am diligent towards educating myself in...
First-time poster so please bear with me on the learning curve here.
I have a Yamaha Cr-1020 I picked up a while back and love the sound. While playing it over 30mins. it would pop then lose the sound. No movement on the needles for power output. So I found this gem of a forum and learned about...
good evening all,
Recently got a beautiful CR-1020 in my hands but unfortunately the shipping co. Dropped it at some point and even with the bubble wrap it damaged the beautiful wood case.
The rest of the unit is nearly flawless given age and I really don't want to give it up should this be...
hi all, new to the AK community and relatively new to vintage gear period. Slowly found myself drifting toward convenience audio solutions over the past decade or so until I found myself thinking that a single Sonos Play 5 was the pinnacle of hi-if majesty.
Getting back to the basics now that...
hello Yammers!
after 1 year now it's time to find a friend for my CR-1020 receiver.
recently an ad for a Yamaha YP 800 appeared and I made an offer to the buyer, so in the next days I will visit the buyer to see and try the turntable.
how do you rate the couple?
thank you for comments and...
Done, done, and done.
Just finished reconnecting everything after pulling my CR-1020 out again, this time for a LED upgrade.
The last of my lamps gave out the other day so I ended up ordering a set of 20 3mm, 12V pre-wired, pre-resistored, soft white LED bulbs from a seller on Amazon.
They...