• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

damacman's new lair . . .

If you have not yet, do check, or have checked the ground from box to the ground rod/wipe/rebar as well. I fought a long time gremlin of dimming/blowing light bulbs, hum/buzz on TT (all stab boxes replaced, all breaker connections torqued/clean, main service connections verified w/ utility). During install of solar/ batteries and inverter I took the opportunity (all power off) to check the waterline bronze ground clamp. I had repeatedly checked it and decided to remove and clean. Found it has a corroded fracture clean through the back strap. Quick trip to the supply house gleaned and reseated rod (drove it down an inch or so with bfh). Electrician doing the solar install said ground are often problem and they often check them by twisting the clamp/rod for tight and if it looked compromised replaced, or added a second rod in tandem 6 to 8 ft away along foundation. Always check with someone qualified.

I was setting up a transmitter antenna and used a copper pipe as the local ground- just for fun, I saturated the ground with salted water a couple of times.

Don't think it did anything one way or the other, but it was fun.

Best it did was keep the weeds down.
 
Kudos for being patient and starting at the foundation of the system - the power. Clean audio power starts with clean electrical power.
I wish they would stop selling outlets with stab in connectors - never as good as the screw connector. When building my current house, I had two home runs to the panel added for the main system. 12/2 w/ground to 20A breakers. The electrician told me how unnecessary it was. I just smiled - agreed it was crazy - and asked him when he thought they would be installed so I could inspect them. I didn't need to convert his beliefs, just put the runs in and let's move on - LOL.
 
Used 2600s likely (temporarily) dropped in value with this supply of NOS 2600s on the market!
Audio Classics now has NOS Mc2600's for sale for $10k!
It's almost April Fool's day, but now they've got me wondering!
 

Attachments

  • Screen Shot 2026-03-28 at 10.33.40 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2026-03-28 at 10.33.40 PM.png
    42.9 KB · Views: 13
I saw that $10k on their website also.

I don’t think they’ll sell out immediately at nearly the price of a new MC462, but there certainly are people who want these and likely with Audio Classics’ name and a warranty of some sort, … there should be buyers.
 
I received an e-mail from Audio Classics today, regarding the NOS Mc2600's!
 

Attachments

  • Screen Shot 2026-03-30 at 12.27.58 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2026-03-30 at 12.27.58 PM.png
    356.7 KB · Views: 30
Just curiosity; I’m wondering how much servicing each of these 30-year-old amps will get before sale, and what AC is offering on them for warranty.

If they’re going completely through them and offering a warranty similar to new it would certainly justify the price! I’m imagining a pedigree with distortion graphs and performance guarantee, …
 
Just curiosity; I’m wondering how much servicing each of these 30-year-old amps will get before sale, and what AC is offering on them for warranty.

If they’re going completely through them and offering a warranty similar to new it would certainly justify the price! I’m imagining a pedigree with distortion graphs and performance guarantee, …
I’d trust Audio Classics to do right by you. Since the early 1990s, I’ve purchased a number of Mac (and other brands) components from AC, all in B-1 condition. I never thought to ask about a warranty. But I’ve returned two units after a few weeks listening, when I just wasn’t completely satisfied with the synergy (no questions asked; no hassle; no restocking charges); and I’ve had performance issues with two Mac components, years after the sale. AC has always fixed the units quickly and free-of-charge.

I’ve also sold to and traded equipment with AC at very fair prices. And I had them restore/upgrade my MR78 (through Richard M.—and they gave me a very steep discount because, once inside, R. realized he’d already modded it back in the 1990s).

I’ll continue to buy from Steve and Ryan. By far, my favorite audio dealership.
 
After last night's listening session with both 2600s and peaks of 122dB a-weighted at the listening spot, I believe 5pt harnesses will be my next upgrade ...
 
I’m curious where you found those pictures @ACRucrazy , I (and probably others) would love to see more and read about the details of this discovery.

I agree though, when it comes to stereo gear I’m much more interested in new/modern than if it were a classic car collection or boats, we all have our own happy place.
 
I still see eleven boxes on their webcam, … so there’s time for someone to build that dream MC2600 system!
 
Back
Top Bottom