• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

damping factor

Status
Not open for further replies.
The most curious thing to me is that E-Stat and positron always seem to show up as a pair. Coincidence?

I think the mods could check the IP and know. I've seen people booted on other forums for doing that. Anyway, not saying they are the same just that I think it could be checked out.
 
You misapplied the concepts. No wonder you do not understand post 90 and its results.


We are dealing with inductive reactance changes vs frequency. I see no mention of frequency in your statement.

Again, your middle and last part are talking a perfect inductor with no mention of dc winding resistance Ken. It don't exist in reality. You are attempting to proclaim a theoretically perfect inductor, with no dc winding resistance, into the discussion and then claim the electronics world and its measurements are wrong.

I would suggest another study of post 90 and learning instead of misapplying concepts and proclaiming the electronics world as faulty. You might wish to stay with digital and speakers, what you are best at. Once again, actual measurements override misguided math based on misapplied apple to oranges concepts.

(Even if the inductor were linear, the isolation between electrolytic capacitors varies with frequency. So it is still a bad idea to use unless near the rectifier.)

Cheers

Pos

When someone is too immature and stubborn to admit they are wrong in the face of overwhelming evidence, and they are hostile to boot, it's not really worthwhile to discuss things with them. I'm not saying that's you. Just a thought...

-k
 
Light bulbs are non-linear. Diodes are non-linear. Photo-anythings are non-linear. Hi-K ceramic capacitors are non-linear. Even the sacred vacuum tube is non-linear. By the "rules" most of us agree on, R, L & C of quality are basically linear even if they have resistive losses. An RC circuit is linear- try making a useful mixer out of it. That's actually a good test- if you can build a mixer or a parametric amplifier out of it, it's probably non-linear. No cheating by saturation. Naturally, almost anything becomes non-linear if you apply enough voltage to it.:D

Now, how linear is linear? Nothing is perfect if you look closely enough.

On the tree in the woods thing, the modern version is, "If a man says something and there's no woman around to hear it, is he still wrong?":yes:
 
Bad news,the mod did show up.Some of us here are trying to entrap others into a war of words.Stop it or We,the damping police will have to close this thread.

Have a good night,

Alan
 
Again, winding resistance has >nothing< to do with the fact that an inductor is linear.

Sir, you persistently insult me, you attack nonstop, you repeatedly claim I do not know what I am doing because I said, exactly, "inductors are linear circuit elements." (You also attack other highly regarded experts in our industry for vague and unsubstantiated reasons.) I have tried to gently correct you in respectful, and sometimes frustrated and disrespectful ways. But, you learn nothing, admit no error, and make grandiose claims about yourself and your eccentric friends. I've had it with you. Further, your attitude almost invariably contributes to the premature closure of interesting threads that might otherwise be valuable.

So why don't you just go away. You contribute nothing but incorrect information here.

-k
 
Closed - again! This is off the real topic. :nono:

Leaving for forum moderator review.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom